Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told to bleed my rear brake because it slowly is turning to mush. I have had the mastercylinder replaced 2x already and it keeps doing it. It seems to gradually get worse and worse and being brembo brakes this should not be happening. What I have been told is that it is design flaw from Ducati and it is pretty common. has anyone had this happen? Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this? I have a good idea I think but I am just not positive.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
my-t-vac won't solve this one. a GOOD ducati dealer can. yes the 748's and 916 series have been known to have soft rear brakes because of some other problem.

i don't know that there is a solid fix available for it. i also can't remember if it's caused by master cylinder, caliper or exhaust temps by the line (i've heard rumors of all three). my buddy fixed his wife's 748 with the same issue, but i don't remember what the final solution was.

i would definitely find a dealer who found a real solution to the problem. which means interview the service department about your problem and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Nickelii said:
I have been told to bleed my rear brake because it slowly is turning to mush. I have had the mastercylinder replaced 2x already and it keeps doing it. It seems to gradually get worse and worse and being brembo brakes this should not be happening. What I have been told is that it is design flaw from Ducati and it is pretty common. has anyone had this happen? Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this? I have a good idea I think but I am just not positive.
Any luck? I would be able to help you. PM me if you still need help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Bleeding brake Lines?

DocThee said:
Any luck? I would be able to help you. PM me if you still need help.
I bled them and it's like new. Makes me wonder though, how good of a job has my dealer has been doing if every time I have had this problem they order a new mastercylinder when all it needed was bleeding.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
nick let us know if you have more problems. when i looked at the post, i think i remember someone bleeding the lines with the caliper off the carrier and raised above the master cylinder. anyway, i not sure if that was even the model of bike i saw someone doing that with, but may help you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts