Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think most people buy them as a first bike and not something that they keep for a while, and yes they are pretty slow as compared to other bikes in there class. On the other hand you can pick them up pretty cheaply. Any wich way if you are learning you really dont need any thing too fast. I havent heard how they deal on the interstates. cause small bikes sometimes are not safe on the interstate since they lack in power. If you have any more questions head over to www.badweatherbikers.com and they have a whole bunch of info on the blasts...good luck

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
There's one on e-bay with reserve met at just $2000 right now!!

May be slow but just 2k for a new starter bike how can you go wrong. And 30-something hp is enough for the highway if you keep the revs up in it for a light-ish bike. Top speed is around a hundred I believe which'll be enough for the first year.

·
Registered
866 Posts
are they slow, yes, do most peolpe upgrade fast, yes, do most go on the highway with them, not really. but as far as I've heard and seen they are actually quite fun, I mean for just scooting around town how can it not be. I wouldn't mind having one for short trips to the store or something.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
I see a few of them running around from time to time on the highways. My wife started on one, which is for sale now if anyone is interested by the way.

I rode it home for her when we bought it and it did just fine on the freeway even with my big 250lb ass on it. It wasn't blinding speed, but plenty to be safe on the roads.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Shake too much, too

I bought a 1999 Cyclone after test riding it, a year later I rode the Blast. I gave it back to the Buel Demo team and said try again. It shakes way more than anything I have ever ridden, No thanks even as a beginner bike.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Re: Shake too much, too

DIRTYCURTYD said:
I bought a 1999 Cyclone after test riding it, a year later I rode the Blast. I gave it back to the Buel Demo team and said try again. It shakes way more than anything I have ever ridden, No thanks even as a beginner bike.
dirtycurtyd..i thought you and captjeff disapeared where are the buell riders at other than badweather??

·
Registered
12 Posts
"Considering I used a Blast in my MSF course I'd say there slow"

I used one for my MSF course also...... They are a great newbie bike and they come with 2 different seat height choices. Ride one for a year and return it to upgrade and Buell will refund all your $$$$..... Not a bad deal for a beginner.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
waaaaay too slow...

Have you ever seen Office Space? In the beginning when everybody's stopped in traffic and the old guy with the walker passes em all?

Uh huh, exactly.... :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Read my thoughts on the Blast in the other post

I have written much on this subject. See other posts. But yes, a Stock Blast is kinda slow.... but just rejetting and a pipe gives you about as much snot as a EX250 Ninja !
After that...it depends on your Wallet...how fast do you want to Go ! About the H.P. limit so far for a street Blast- is equal to about what an EX500 makes- with the weight of a 250 Ninja....you do the math !

Visit my Yahoo Group and see why 450+ members love their Blast !

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Buells-Blast/

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts