Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a method or product for waxing your bike that doesn't leave excess wax in the cracks that you have to go after with a toothbrush or q-tip?

------------------
James

If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use Honda Polish, its easy fast and I never had any problems like that. Just spray it on and let it sit like 2 minutes or so and get like an old pillow case and wipe it off cleans while it polishes. I usally was my bike first with cleaner and water, all in all takes a good half an hour. By the way, has anyone heard of the silicone protectant 303. they say you can use it on anything even mototcycles, it works great on other things but I am weary about it, has anyone tried it?

------------------

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
I use the honda pro polish too, best thing I've ever used. Bike never seen water. Works well on helmet and face shield as well.
You might even be able to use it as huskey oil, have to ask squid that one :D :D

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672

G

·
Posted by jk6672 <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>You might even be able to use it as huskey oil, have to ask squid that one :D :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a shine that say's it all !!!

P.S If you happen to lick your bike after a good application of joy jelly, it tastes like strawberry!! :D Don't do this in front of RCjohn :eek: :p

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Honda pro is good stuff definitley. However
I would recommend going to a Autobody Paint
Supply store and ask them for their best
bottle of Hand Glaze. It's silicon free
wax. You'll probably pay about $30 for a
bottle but I've had the same bottle for about
4 years now. Well worth it. Plus it cleans
and polishes in one shot. Good stuff indeed.

Chris

------------------
I really should be working...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, thanks for the info. I'll give one of those products a try. Regular wax is just a pain on a bike. Huh-huh he said joy jelly. :D :p

------------------
James

If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?

[This message has been edited by Birdman (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its all about honda polish man. I dont use anything else on my bike :D

------------------
382lbs of braided steel and sex appeal

98 6ixxer

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm not a conformist, only because I haven't gotten to the anywhere to get the Honda polish.
Yesterday I gave the bike a complete TLC morning. Complete wash and dry, and a wax. I ended up using MacGuires on the bike (after I test two other kinds that I have here) and I was very impressed with it. went on real easy and came off even easier. And it left the bike looking almost like new. I was real happy with it. Then again I usually wash the bike every other week anyway with soap and water so I prefer to hand wax it after a few washings

------------------
Will Darton
Administrator
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

·
Registered
186 Posts
My friend and I use McGuires three step. Takes a while, but it works.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yo jk6672, and gsxrxboy,...dosn't Yamaha, or Suzuki make their own polish ? cause I'm not sure that rubbing that Honda stuff on your bikes is such a good idea, they might start running really good or something like that :D

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

·
Squid
813 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by #2f4:
Yo jk6672, and gsxrxboy,...dosn't Yamaha, or Suzuki make their own polish ? cause I'm not sure that rubbing that Honda stuff on your bikes is such a good idea, they might start running really good or something like that :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding me, that's the only thing Honda makes that's worth a crap :D

------------------
John

·
Registered
169 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jk6672:
Are you kidding me, that's the only thing Honda makes that's worth a crap :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RRRIIIGGGHHHTTT !! (Dr. Evils voice)

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

·
Squid
813 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by #2f4:

RRRIIIGGGHHHTTT !! (Dr. Evils voice)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Through me a bone

------------------
John

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Only thing they make thats worth a crap? Who makes the RC51, didn't it win something today? What about that red/black/white Erion bike?

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

·
Squid
813 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funksouljon:
Only thing they make thats worth a crap? Who makes the RC51, didn't it win something today? What about that red/black/white Erion bike?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

gees, Hold on to your britches, I'm just messen :D I don't need to see someone riding down here with a TankBag full of ammo, gunning me down becasue the only honda product I'm loyal to is their Pro cleaner :D :D

------------------
John

·
Registered
169 Posts
i think it might be time for smilies with guns, and rocket launchers ! :D (game on!)

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jk6672:
gees, Hold on to your britches, I'm just messen :D I don't need to see someone riding down here with a TankBag full of ammo, gunning me down becasue the only honda product I'm loyal to is their Pro cleaner :D :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever heard of the Arizona Chainsaw massacre, just give me a couple days. Now if I can only find a way to fit this thing in my tankbag :D

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
That reminds me but, does anyone know if a tank bag is made for the new 900SS's?
Seriously. I don't have a helmet lock on the rear, and no real good place for bungee straps.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts