Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has used Silva Auto Transport or plans on shipping a bike with them...here's some info. I placed my deposit with Silva 1 month ago and was told pickup is between 1-4 days... 3 weeks later complaint after complaint, I had enough. I called them and told them I would like to cancel my order. They told me they needed it in writing so I told them they would receive a fax 1st thing in the morning. Meanwhile, I setup other arrangements to pick the bike up myself. The next morning I sent the fax and was leaving to take the trip and I received a phone call. They said they booked my bike early this morning and the truck was enroute to pick it up. I’m pissed at this point!! Took 2 days off of work, anyways. The truck shows up for pickup 2 days later and said it would be here in 1 1/2 days. Now 4 days later, no one will answer the phone at the trucking company or return my voicemails and I have NO bike!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
what bike are you trying to get. I think that is on grounds to knock a few heads. Talk to the better business bureau. If you have written or printed confirmation of the date you were suppose to recieve it keep it. If all else fales, you can take them to court in small claims and try to get your money back.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hell, +3 for that. I'd be doing more than knocking some heads. I'd be cracking some open.

·
Registered
892 Posts
ya dude, there is just some shit in my world that you just dont fuck with, the bike is one of them. then my alienware, then my jeep. lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
damn man that sux. ur bike is gone hahaha. no but seriously after all that trouble why didnt you just not let them get the bike, if they were that bad before they had it why did you think they would change during the pickup and drop off of the bike?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing is, I was going to borrow a friends truck and take a few days off and go pick it up. They said it would be here in 2 days and i figured it would be cheaper than driving myself and it spares me 30 hrs of driving.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi nova5757-

Wow. Is this company a big organization or are they kind of local? A good forum at SBW would be something like "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" or something like that to rate dealers, suppliers, and experiences so others wouldn't have to endure this outrageous nonsense.

Keep every receipt and carefully log every single telephone call. Hopefully you have detailed pictures of the motorcycle from before the shipping experience. Good luck.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
892 Posts
Blue Jays said:

Keep every receipt and carefully log every single telephone call. Hopefully you have detailed pictures of the motorcycle from before the shipping experience. Good luck.

~ Blue Jays ~
good advice, they always ask "so who did you talk to?" or "who told you that?" they really get peeved when you give them a name.

·
Registered
525 Posts
At least your bike is not missing. I think this sucks for you, and the shipping company seems to be unethical in their practice, but I will guess the delay is because of gas prices. They probably don't want to move their truck until they can get a full load and make a profit. Your bike is probably loaded at the front of the truck in some city, waiting for more cargo, so the carrier can pay the gas bill, labor, and make a profit.

:2cents:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well........I finally received my bike 2nite, 7 1/2 weeks later. The whole thing is a nightmare. They failed to bring my Pit Bull rear stand that was to be transported with the bike and they said they are going to "try" to find it but it’s probably not going to turn up. As he was taking the bike off the trailer he decided to lift the back end to get it over a hump and picked the bike up by the rear blinkers!!! Needless to say, THEY BROKE OFF! Wait now it gets better....
Next, was the front wheel to come over the hump. Pissed off already, I told him to lift it by the front wheel. Nope, He just broke off my custom painted front fender, cracked the damn thing in half. I let loose!!! The guy would not stop apologizing to me but the damage was done. Oh, and not to mention my left fairing is cracked on the bottom.
So....I took pictures of the damage and had the driver write a letter saying he broke my shit and I have to put a claim in to the Broker (Silva Auto Transport) which are the worst people in the world for customer service. I have a feeling my lawyer will be involved in this one.
Anyways, the moral of the story is: Pay the extra $$$ for a good company and NEVER NEVER, NEVER use SILVA AUTO TRANSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That totally sucks!! I hate when people don't do their jobs how they should. Also when companies take advantage of people. I would definitly call my lawyer, then make the company pay for the damages and everything, even the lawyer fees. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi nova5757-

Place a stop payment on the check or immediately file a dispute with your credit card company assuming that is how you paid. Please tell me this transaction wasn't completed in cash...was it? :crying:

You'll also want to get a letter into the Better Business Bureau to help protect other consumers.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
76 Posts
That sounds like something off of a tv show like overhaulin or something like that. I'd be wondering were the cameras were?
Did you mention what kind of bike it was love to see the look on the drivers face when he broke the signals off. That whole story just would really suck. :crying:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
STOP PAYMENT

Blue Jays said:
Hi nova5757-

Place a stop payment on the check or immediately

~ Blue Jays ~
Yes, absolutely! If it's not already too late, put a stop payment on that check or credit card charge right NOW!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Don't forget to run up to Walmart and get a shotgun... it might come in handy soon. Seriously though. Get a lawyer involved and the BBB. Also, if you have any local news groups, NBC in our area, will go out and do what they can to settle cases like this. They don't always take action because it's not "news worthy" but when they do, the companies fork over alot. It's worth a shot. Good luck, and don't forget the 10 guage!

Sepias

1 - 20 of 22 Posts