Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have done track days what type of tape did use use to cover your brake light/head light and others areas of the bike. Looking for something that when you put on will come off with our destroying the paint and finish on the bike. Also what kind of wire do you use for safety wiring your bike.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I used to use black duct tape, no need for it for me anymore.

I use safety wire, without looking I have no idea the exact specs. I can help you safety wire it if you need. Also flush your radiator, fill woth water with water wetter or engine ice.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
[QUOTEAlso what kind of wire do you use for safety wiring your bike. [/B][/QUOTE]

just go buy "safety wire" or are you asking what thickness?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
you can unplug the rear as well, you watch Steve will find it now ;)

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
bmacd said:
It's easy to add a quick release harness so that you can plug it in and out in a matter of seconds.

-=bmacd=-
Bill and his damn sex life :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was asking if there is a specific type of wire that needs to be used or min. thickness. also I guess lukhily I have an old GSXR oil cooled motor so no radiator coolant to change.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
polishnightmare said:
Was asking if there is a specific type of wire that needs to be used or min. thickness. also I guess lukhily I have an old GSXR oil cooled motor so no radiator coolant to change.
I think around .040-.060 is fine, not sure if there's an exact requirement

I think thinner is easier, not as brittle

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have wire and pliers if you want to use them --- or I can try to find some time to help you.

When do you need this done by? If it is after this weekend, I can meet w/ you or Apps (Justin) to let you use mine. I would help you this weekend, but (time to be a proud father:cool: ) my 5 year old has his first race:thumb: and I will be gone most of the weekend.

Just wondering though -- who is the trackday with and are you sure you need to safety wire for that day???

Let me know if I can help---through this or by PM.

later

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking to do track day w/trackaholics on Friday Aug. 13th. Thanks for the offer of help. I found out I have a buddy that has wire and pillers to do. Thanks. If need help will let you know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts