Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I recorded this yesterday. A friend of mine promoted this Car/Bike/Stunt Show at a local Drap strip. I had a great time all day, it was so cool. I spent most of the day recording about 1.5 hrs of video and the following crash. Barracuda Films that did "Judgement Day" and other films is goign to use my video :D

The web page explains the crash, but 10 flips and 10 feet in the air. He was going about 80 when he lost it. To my knowledge the guys is doing ok.

The Video Size is 7.5 MBs, but it's worth the dnload!!

http://109.ipowerweb.com/myy7559/Yamaha/Movies/StripFest.htm

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That wasn't directed at you man..

They gave me a shirt that said.

"Wheelies do not make YOU a stunt rider!"

the funny thing is, I ended up hanging out with a lot of the stunt guys from the Show tonight and buying them shots all night!

Those guys were video taping all the women in the bar..

P.S. the women down here all look like models!!! LMAO!!!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
minfinger said:
You guys are being a little harsh. You have to remember, every time you get on your bike you could crash too. Doesn't matter if you're doing stunts or riding to work. S**T Happens...
Yup, you're absolutely right. But if I'm doing something completely stupid and I wreck my bike I'd expect every one of you to give me sh*t for it 'cause I deserve it. And my buddies, forget about it, they'd never let me forget it.

The guy in the video needs to hear some sh*t-talking from us and his buddies otherwise he might do something stupid again and trash another bike.

-Dan

ps - Every time that guy's bike rolled I could see my insurance rates going up!

pps - Thank God he was able to walk away, but maybe next time he won't be so lucky?!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Crazeecooter said:
I think that fuqin' dumbass got exactly what he deserved! Now where does he stand......on the side of the road thumbin' a ride. Idiot!

Man thats a bit harsh for a guy who was in a designated place at an event just for such stunting! Its not like he was on the freeway during rush hour! SHEESH!:eek:

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
I don't think the guy was an idiot at all.

#1 He was wearing his gear.

#2 He was riding in a controlled environment and not on the freeway with 20 other cars around.

Stunting does not make you an idiot, but when and where you choose to do stunts can. If done in a safe area with protective gear they are ok by me.

I'm glad the rider is ok.

P.S. I don't do stunts, I'm a track junkie. :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
I gotta go with Robert on this one. As far as the insurance goes, as soon as they find out the damage occurred at the dragstrip, they'll tell the rider that he's on his own.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I have to agree with giving the guy some credit for gear and location. Besides, he gave us one hell of video to watch. Let's post this video in the new riders forum so the next 'how to wheelie' thread has a how not to example.:D :D

As far as insurance, I hope this guy doesn't make a claim and it pisses me off to hear people making claims after trashing a bike at a track day too. Drives up my rates while you were doing something that I'm guessing isn't covered. Take responsibility for your riding. If you can't afford to throw it down the track buy a prepped gs5/ex5 for a grand and grow the **** up.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Insurance:

I think he was making a claim. not sure what. :( or :) who knows.
And yes, there go my rates too.

The reason why this event was held was to give riders an oportunity to do "Stunts" in a controlled environment. The Drag Strip owners were more than greatful to allow us there so we could have our fun and they made a little $$$ off it too. LOL But, better there to thrash your ride than out on the Highway in rush hour.

Robert, I do agree with you. I like the twisties too. That's why I was filming :D

As far as Safety, they didn't let anyone do stunts without their gear on. Everything except the Burn out Competition, which I wasn't all the happy about seeing guys doing it with out gear on. It really almost made me feel like not watching.

Slaintedan,

Hey I agree with you too. Every time one of my buddies does somethign stupid, I check to make sure their ok. Then I smack them in the back of the head and say WTF! :confused:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
minfinger said:

Slaintedan,

Hey I agree with you too. Every time one of my buddies does somethign stupid, I check to make sure their ok. Then I smack them in the back of the head and say WTF! :confused:
That's too funny! Are you sure you and I don't know eachother? You and your friends sound just like me and my friends!!!

Ride Safe!

-Dan

ps - somebody Emailed this to me and it totally reminded me of my buddies:

"A good friend will always come to bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting there next to you saying "That was f**king awesome!!!"

·
Registered
254 Posts
Unless the guy lies to his insurance company (read: insurance fraud), they will not pay a claim on this. Every policy I've ever seen specifically excludes damge incurred while in a speed contest or exhibition of speed or stunt riding exibition. So, he is on his own to fix his bike. He won't be affecting anyone's premiums with this unless he commits a crime to do it.

That said, I agree...he was in the proper place and wearing the proper gear for this kind of thing. He accepted the risk when he signed the waiver at the track.

He might need a little practice with the wheelie thing :D but he didn't endanger anyone else. I'm sure he was pretty embarrassed, though. Especially when he finds out that this video is on the Sportbike Forum.....

I'm just glad he didn't hurt himself. The bike didn't look too good, though.:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts