Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the way home, I hit this MASSIVE pot hole on US23. I hit it so hard that it sounded like all the plastics broke. I pulled over but nothing seems wrong and it rides/corners fine. I'm getting the oil changed on Tuesday morning before taking it into the mountains of NC for the weekend. Should I have service take a look at anything specifically to make sure it's ok? I'm not trying to over react but I am going on a 500+ mile trip. I don't want something to go wrong and end up flying over a cliff! TIA! :)

Jen

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm not too worried about the fender/plastics but I will check. I just want to make sure nothing will interfere with the handling. I can deal with plastic. ;)

Thanks B! :) :love:

Jen

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
How are the wheels and tires? Nothing damaged with them?

Keep an eye out for oil leaks. I doubt if you would have one, but just in case. Leaking oil would not be a good thing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'd look for a bent rim. Otherwise, it sounds like you're ok. Have a nice trip!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kuntrykidd said:
You got a friend here. Greeneville is only 45 from Ashville, NC where are you going? I have a real good mechanic here if you get in a bind. Let me know if you need some good roads to ride on or want a riding partner. 423-329-1556

Ken

Hey Ken, I sent you a PM a couple days ago....

Jen

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice to see NC gettin some attention...i live 20 minutes from sparta in Wilkesboro. 2 1/2 more hours and you could hit the tail of the dragon. Shady Valley is just up the road past Boone, NC. Some good roads for ridin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts