Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Racing 905, Freestyle Ingenuity, MXD (moto extreme designs) Powers bikeworks, There's a bunch of different companies. Those are the best. I'm a big fan of MXD and Freestyle ingenuity

Freestyle ingenuity Is a great cage. Not too bulky. Made of chomoly steel. And... if you like to hit the twisties a lot, you can take the loop off and it's just a set of frame sliders then. It's great.

MXD has a track and a stunt cage. Both are great (better than 905 cause you don't hit your shins... and you can put sliders on them so it doesn't dig into the pavement and make the bike flip) The track cage is compact and strong... and can still be ridden on the twisties with no problems (For the most part).

DON'T... and I mean do not... buy one of those crap cages off ebay. Remember... you get what you pay for. And while the ones I listed may be more pricey, they're well worth it! Nothing will completely protect your bike. But a cage is the best way to go. If you have any questions... just holler.

:squid:

·
Registered
980 Posts
I just bought at 99 yzf600r. I know its not a good stunting bike because of the wieght but I was wondering if a cage is a good idea just incase i drop it. I was looking at the Freestyle Ingenuity as per roadstains suggestion, but they dont have the 600r. Will the R6 cage fit the 600r?

EDIT: my mistake, they have a cage for the 600r in the works it looks like from their webpage, or atleast they have sliders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts