Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dusted off the bike and finally got her out last weekend.. Great weekend to ride.. Put bout 400 miles in 2 days on her... Tons of upgrades that ive been workin on... Finally a nice day to ride.. Just makes me wanna ride more... Hope the weather straightens up!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
How lucky. It was looking beautiful to-day only town roads are so thick with salt/sand/gravel at each stop sign or turn is is like riding on gravel only with more of a marble feeling.

By 3:00pm it is down to freezing or a bit lower & signs of snow or rain this complete week.

Definately it will be like mid-March before I can possibly roll out & with caution make it out to the hwy. Once on the hwy then things will be fine, but so many small streets, turns, Ts, stop signs & such with all that crap it is sensless to chance it. ONCE they get two sweeps on the crap then I might chance it, but with a lot of caution.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Hopefully i'll be out this weekend:cool:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i went to take mine out but sunk in 6 inches of mud before i even reached the shed. i decided against trying. :(

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Must be the corp of my town are tuned to the weather people for I woke up this morning to snow covering all streets AND so said sal/sand/gravel still there will probably do the job THOUGH some might be added as I head a sand-truck go by throwing the crap.

This is basically because so many of the prople are poor drivers & cannot cope with snow unless all the crap at the bends & stop signs.

That points to it being some more time before the snow melts (weather reports it will rain/snow for another week) & the first of the sweepers will be put into use. I prefer to not chance myself & bike at said spots unless they have sweeped three times.

So sometime in the middle of March??

·
Registered
860 Posts
Smitty said:

This is basically because so many of the prople are poor drivers & cannot cope with snow unless all the crap at the bends & stop signs.

agreed...where i live it rains a good bit and is mostly humid...and for example i know many people who will drive their vehicles in the rain as they would in great conditions...matter of fact i have a friendwho was topping out his new Dakota R/T in the rain :eek:
first off he doesnt know the first thing about controlling a vehicle no without saying he put it in the median by trying to simply slowdown..some people's children
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I rode to work yesterday (3/4/04) and plan on trying to get a few more hours in within the next few days (weather pernitting.)

:D :cool: :D

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Smitty said:
How lucky. It was looking beautiful to-day only town roads are so thick with salt/sand/gravel at each stop sign or turn is is like riding on gravel only with more of a marble feeling.

By 3:00pm it is down to freezing or a bit lower & signs of snow or rain this complete week.

Definately it will be like mid-March before I can possibly roll out & with caution make it out to the hwy. Once on the hwy then things will be fine, but so many small streets, turns, Ts, stop signs & such with all that crap it is sensless to chance it. ONCE they get two sweeps on the crap then I might chance it, but with a lot of caution.
Sand is such a wonderful idea huh? :rolleyes:

I think I see more people wreck because of the sand after the snow melts than the sand keeps from wrecking when there is snow. When snow is there anyone who Darwin hasn't targeted for early elimination from the gene pool will drive carefully. When the snow is gone, people assume the road is fine and don't account for the damn sand that is still there. Salt may cause rust, but you can wash the car to prevent that and at least it dissolves and goes away quicker than sand. :2cents:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Lucky bastards :p There's still snow everywhere here, and even when it does melt I had to wheel my bike from the base of my driveway into my garage at the end of last season because the chain was so worn. I barely got it home from school. Gonna have to wait until after finals and summer job season starts before I'm on two wheels again :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts