Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'3" tall and 180 lbs. I am considering buying my first bike. I was wondering what the best bike is for a beginner of my height. I heard that hondas are good for tall riders but i'm not sure. By the way, I'm only 17, so I cant afford the best bike out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought my first bike and after almost spending 8 grand on a ninja, however i decided not to thankfully. i am 6' 2'' and most bikes do not fit well. I managed to pick up a 94 suzuki katana for 700 bucks and am very happy. Bike fits me great and its nothin crazy. You wont accidently pop any wheelies but still fast enough to enjoy your ride. I almost picked up a 250 and after riding my katana i realized it was the perfect size, the 250 was jus way too slow.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
There's a reasonably long list of options in the stickie threads at the top of this forum. Sit on them to find one that's right for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a 6' 4" 180 myself, and I was worried about the same stuff. I went with the SV650s and so far the only complaint (after a few 3 hour trips) has been the stock seat, which everyone complains about... But it's good for newer riders, has power all the way around with lots of low end torque, and really light on its feet.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I'm a 6' 4" 180 myself, and I was worried about the same stuff. I went with the SV650s and so far the only complaint (after a few 3 hour trips) has been the stock seat, which everyone complains about... But it's good for newer riders, has power all the way around with lots of low end torque, and really light on its feet.
For balance, the competitor to the aforementioned Suzuki SV650S, in the marketplace, is Kawasaki's 650R. If you sit on either, you should check out the other :2cents:

·
Registered
452 Posts
SV650 :thumbs2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts