Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had originally posted this in the Suzy forum, but figured I'd get more responses by moving it here.

I have a 97 Kat 750. Full Yosh system (headers, 4-1) and three degree ignition advancer. When I got the jet kit, the instructions stated that if you are running a "street pipe" like the Zyclone that I have, DON'T change the jets (don't install the bigger ones that came with the kit, stick w/the stock ones) Per the instructions, I changed the needles, float level and reset mixture screws. The instructions say only change the jets if you are running a race pipe. But....I'm curious. The bike has great top-end now, but throttle response could be a bit snappier. The short answer, I know already "just change the jets and find out". Well, if you've never worked on a Katana before, you already know that to get at the carbs, you have to remove EVERYTHING FIRST. Windscreen, mirrors, signals, both fairings AND the tank, just to get at the carbs. If anyone has had any experience with this, I'd appreciate it. BTW, the new jets are one size bigger than stock. Thanks.
------------------

------------------
Cosmo
"Do you know how fast you were going, son?" "Gee officer, if I guess right, can I go home?"

·
Registered
169 Posts
can't speak for your katana specifically, but you did say your top end is great,..well main jets ONLY effect FULL throttle,..not throttle response, that is done more by neddle shape / size, setting, assuming you have adjustable needles, you may get better results by adjusting your needle hight's.
i played this "game" on my f4, it can take a little trial and error, good luck :D

------------------
texas tornado #2

[This message has been edited by #2f4 (edited August 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
452 Posts
Cozmo, how affiliated r u w/ carbs?

·
Registered
452 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts