Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big props go out to Scott at L7 Motorsports. stopped in there this morning to have my suspension set up. Im a total newb when it comes to suspension, everything else, im pretty good at (but chains). lol
Scott took the time to explain whats what and what to adjust when im out and about testing out everything. appearantly my suspension was WAY!!!!! off, especially the front forks (compression and rebound). its a night and day difference from the ride to his shop this morning and the ride home from his shop. Now i cant wait to het AA loop as well as grattan and see how it really feels.

Thanks again for the work Scott!!

dave

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he is located on 10 miles rd (south side of 10 mile), just west of mound rd. he is in a strip mall trype shop like STG is.

give him a call for prices. he explained alot about whats what. and after todays ride, my bike felt totally different than before. even got to hit a few decent sweepers adn a couple nice twisties a round about and my favorite a 360* freeway on ramp. except for all the damn ppl in my way. lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would call him but you didn't put his number in your post. You're losing it Dave. lol. Thanks for the info. Sounds like he's out in the Warren area then. I'll definately have to check it out.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would call him but you didn't put his number in your post. You're losing it Dave. lol. Thanks for the info. Sounds like he's out in the Warren area then. I'll definately have to check it out.
opps. lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i got to test out the new suspension settings yesterday in the AA loop. holy fak, the bike felt well planted thru the curves. cant wait to put her to the test at grattan may 3rd and 4th. :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just picked my bike up from Scott this past Saturday. He did a fantastic job on my bike. Got a tune ,Tires,and some body work done. I'd go back without a doubt.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My Gixxer will be going up there tomorrow after work. He is going to remove the PCIII and tune the stock CPU. He is also going to go over the bike to make sure its track ready. I may have him look at the suspension as well. Suspension should be set, but you never know.

Bike is tuned for 114 octane fuel now, so I'll have him tune it for pump gas again.

Jon

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I just talked to Scott...great guy. He's more than willing to support us and his pricing is good IMO. He's cool with us doing seminars there and all that. I told him Nate would probably stop by and talk to him.

Also I know you guys know this but he said he posted up a thead ad because some of our guys suggested it. No warning, next day, banned for life.

Not to relive the past here but I can't help to point out the irony that SBW supporters asked him to post an ad we DO want on a forum where we're surrounded by ad's we DON'T want...and he gets banned.

Now no warning is harsh...and I know the rules well...and I know why it happened...I don't have a beef with anything. I just wanted to point out the irony.

So here's the real bottom line...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And here's how I feel. :barf2:

On the plus side...dyno tune me baby...finally gettin it done. (oh yeah and the valves and suspension...minor details. :D )

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That is stupid, I'll say it. screw it, ban me. Whatever! What we need to do is get the hell off this forum, and build our own, like DSB did. I know it costs money, and we need somone to maintain it, but lets meet about it and get some pricing. I am sure there are things we can do to raise money.

This site was waaaaay better before. JMO. We;ll watch this forum grind to a hault without the traffic from Redline.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My dealings with L7 motorsports

Hey everybody,

I read all of the praises from fellow Redline members, whom I trust, about Scott over at L7, so I decided to drop my new Gixxer 600 track bike off, and have some prep work done.

I wanted the bike dyno tuned for pump gas, as it was set up for 114 octane, and Scott suggested that I remove the PCIII and tune the stock ECU. Awesome, now I have a PCIII to sell and recoup some $. I wanted Scott to go over the bike, and make sure it was ready for the track, and we decided that he would flush the coolant and put the 7th gear coolant in.

I talked to Scott a few days later, and he informed me the fork seals were showing signs of being bad, so I gave him the go ahead to change them. I told him I needed the bike by a certain day, and it was done.

Scott came across some things that he didn't "like" about the way the previous owner had "fabricated" some parts and fasteners etc.. Scott went well above what was contracted for and expected with my bike. It is obvious the he cares about our sport, and the safety of his customers.

So, I get the bike to the track, and fully expect to have some hidden issue with it, because that is my luck. The bike ran flawlessly for two consecutive days of hard riding, and never missed a beat. Scott had the suspension just about dead-nuts without me even being there when he set it up. He asked me several questions about my riding style, weight, height, etc... and went to work.

Bottom Line: I will be using L7 for tuning, repairs, and any work on my bike that I can't do myself.

Thanks Scott.

Jon

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was at L7 two weeks ago and set some special deals up with him for us redline guys. I will let you all in on the details at the meeting saturday. But i to agree that scott is a great guy and knows his stuff! if you are going up there before saturdays meeting and need the discount stuff let me know.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Whatever you set up this week Flip LET ME KNOW. I'm doing those ID cards for the meeting and I'll put whatever info I know on the back.

I did the same thing with the re-programming of the ECU and selling the PCIII...should be done this week so I can't wait. :thumbs2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts