Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phil got back to Singapore last night and was checked in to Glenneagles Hospital around 9pm.

The X-ray at the Putra Jaya hospital showed a broken right Femur(Thigh Bone) and it needed a pin to set it.

Despite the pain he was in, which was considerable, Phil decided not to have the operation in Malaysia, forego strong sedation and painkillers and brave the 5hr+ trip and a transfer in JB to get him back home. (For some strange reason the Malaysian ambulance wont or cant go into Singapore so we had to arrange a transfer to a Singapore ambulance in JB.)

He got some heavy duty painkillers and sedation on arrival I imagine in preperation for his Op which was schedule for 10:30pm that night.

Will be checking up this morning and probably be at the hospital a bit later on with clean undies and his favourite inflatable sheep.

Many thanks to all those who sorted the bikes, leathers and bits and the track and especially 'Lensy' for the support and ferrying around.

Remember Kiddies.......'Just say NO..to Highsides'

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Boycie ...

Whats the deal on visits bro.

Is he planning on an extended stay in hospital, do we have a room number and floor .... are we allowed to visit ??

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Why Phil

If I could select a person for this to happen to Big Phil would be at the bottom of my list............well slightly above Lensy and my Mum and my self but appart from that at the bottom ish:(

Ill drop off his toilet bag and puncture repair kit for "Bessy" this morning and will update you this arvo.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Visits and Stuff

Im going in around 11:30am. I'll find out exactly what the deal is about visits and let you know.

At the moment he's groggy from last nights op which ended at 2:30am so either later today or tomorrow would be a better bet for those that want to go and see him.

I reckon they will only keep him a couple of days but I have no idea at this stage.

Will let you no this avro.

·
Registered
77 Posts
BP

Boycie, best wishes to the big guy, hope to see him up and out again come next year.

By the way

I have the race licenses for Moisty Boycie, Phil and the Leggy Bellend.If you want them urgently give me a call otherwise I will hang on to them for now (There only sliiiiigggghhhtttly wet from the ride home...NOT):crying:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was really sorry to hear about Phil's crash and misfortune. I can well imagine the pain he was in on the way back as a few years back my daughter broke her leg and we had to ferry her in the car for about 100 km. She also had strong pain killers but for any bump in the road she would cry out loud in pain.

I wish Phil a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Big Phil's location

OK Guys,..

Just managed to call Phil, but his BOSS picked up the phone and told me he is out from op at 0300hrs, and he(Phil) is REALLY PISSED off.

Nevertheless, he is at Rm 848 Gleneagles Hosp.

Will be going there this evening with some Superbike Mags,...

Anyone else going?...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Poor BP

I'm glad he was slightly off the racing line otherwise the situation could have been even worse...gave us all a big shock..hopefully the pain will subside after the operation..

Mojo, what time are you heading down?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Best wishes BP

Hope the operation was uncomplicated, and wish a speedy recovery.
Have to agree with Tug, and say that BP is one of guys who deserves least to be in the hospital right now. Hope to see him up, about and around the track come next year.

·
Registered
146 Posts
around 1930hrs...and not too late i hope..

Any one else planning to show up?..

Better to have most of us around at abt the same time so that we don't hv to keep him busy be'coz our bunch of guys may come knocking in one after another,..and then it becomes a 3 hour affair,..robbing him of the important rest he needs.

I really wish he is feeling better with less pain,...and it shocks me to learn of this accident and the extent of injury.

A speedy recovery wish to you BP.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Tell me about it .....

I thought his bike looked the farkin business, and he was showing most of us how it should be done, with he bike preparation and his speed ..... and I guess he still did. With luck the repairs to Legend 1 will be alot less than they could have been. All we gotta worry about now is the man himself.

All this talk about Phil being the last person we would want to see crash ... um .. should I ask who the FIRST person is ?? ....

I must say I would prefer to see Phil crash before you Silver ..... oh, no on second thoughts if I could chose to see what crash I would pay to have seen your superman dive over the handlebars arf arf ... (glad your ok bro, and yer bike seems to be none the worse .. very lucky mate :thumb: )

Visiting plans. I've got to get home early today. so I'm gonna try pry myself away from my invigorating job ASAP to stop off and see BP for a quick one... so that means I'll be at the hospital around 6ish.

With luck his sedatives will still be strong and I can give him a good shagging before he either wakes up or the rest of you cants turn up to join in.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Dr Tug's report

Just been at the big mans bed side and would like to report that other doc want to discharge him asap for a couple of reasons:
One, he is consuming huge quantities of morphine cos hes a big blerk.
Two, he is statring to come round and is bothering the nurses.
Three, he smells like a polecat cos he spent the day sunbathing in his leathers on the start finish straight at Sepeng and hasnt had a wash since.

As one would expect from Phil, he is fairly up beat and putting a brave face on things. He looks pretty knackered as you would expect but did say he would welcome visitors. He is in a twin room and its not advisable for groups of people to turn up all at once. If you are gonna visit Id suggest no more than two at a time.

Any of the R1 boys have a spare left hand crank cover knocking around ? We could use one to get his bike mobile.

Baby face Boycie deserves a mention as he dropped everything yesterday to see to his mate Big Phil, Im sure he appriciates all of you efforts:thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
What he needs is some MOJO...

OK Tug,..since we now know he is sharing a room with a injured gay room-mate,..we shall take caution,..and can only have a foursome at any one time.

Thus no more than 2 per visit. And yes,...who's bringing the grease?..

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: Dr Tug's report

Tug said:
...Baby face Boycie deserves a mention as he dropped everything yesterday to see to his mate Big Phil, Im sure he appriciates all of you efforts:thumb:
Don't be too quick to thank him .... I've seen his type before .... road kill chasers we call them back in NZ.

The idea being if you see a crash you stop and 'help' ..... as in, help yerself to the poor cants wallet, fancy pants, helmet et al.

When I arrived in the medical center my first sight was Boycie trying to fit himself into BP's leathers .... cant.

Oh, the other thing common in NZ .. if the poor begga thats had the accident has 'left this world' ... or is just off on a consiousness vacation for a bit .... ya get in there and give em a right good shaggin...rough as ya like .. cause when they come too they're gonna be sore anyway.

Whice gets me too my point ..... when they were putting BP into the ambulance for the 300 plus k ride to JB, all Boycie kept saying was "Put him in face down will ya lads and I'll look after everything else ..." !!!!

Still .... Boycie .... you ran round like his mum mate, didn't for a minute thinbk about the rest of your race weekend, and are a right credit to this club bro. Wish I had a mate like ya .... I'ld even let ya tickle me starfish a bit :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dr Tug's Spot On

Saw Phil this morning and couldn't agree more with Dr Tug about his condition.

Please don't call Phil's handphone till he gets it off his boss, you can call the hospital and get connected to his room if you want to have a chat, but just bare in mind Mr Happy hasn't got his hat on today!

Visiting is until 9pm.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: Re: Dr Tug's report

Legend said:
I wish it had been me that fell off, that way Id get lots of attention and feel like you all loved me :crying:

But then again Im glad it was Phil cos I got his ponts so I look more like a Legend in the Championship:D

Even better .... Boycie stoped to help I moved up even further in the rankings you big poofter:twofinger

Legend stoops to new depths:eek:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Gotta say, that even though I saw the yellow flags and all, I wasn't expecting to find Big Phil plus bike occupying quite so much of the last corner ... he was lucky that I didn't park the Blue Cat in his toast rack !!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts