Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on sunday my wife & I was on 181 NC hitting curves. doing 70 mph we went into a set of curves right left right left. I look back in my mirror no wife where my babe at. Turn around headed back. There she was standing in the road looking at her bike. Got her back off the road,Checking for injuries minor scrapes and bruises. What happen, she said in the curve the bike fish tail 2-3 time and hit the guard rail. The zx-6 is total rims forks swing arm tail, fairings all smash-up. At 9;00 that night I took her over to the medical center she was vomiting and did't knew where she at. To end this; she all right and want a new bike

------------------
Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
Whew! I am glad she is alright. What kind of new bike are you going to buy her?? The new CBR600 with the FI looks pretty nice, especially the black and silver color scheme. Go on, she deserves it!

------------------
Rossco.

[This message has been edited by Rossco929 (edited September 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Glad she's okay. :eek:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Scary stuff, really glad she's OK. I was just wondering where would be the best place for my wife to ride when I get her a bike. Behind me and she might be pushing too hard to keep up. In front and she might push too hard so as not to hold me up. :confused: Personally, I like to ride in the back of a group. I like to keep my eye on everyone and never feel pressure to ride at others pace.

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

S

·
0 Posts
Ummm ... Could you tell me where this road is ? I'd like to take my Ex-Girfriend there. :D Just Joking , Sorry to hear about the crash , But I'm glad she 's ok.

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Ken,

Glad your sweetie is ok!

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Scary stuff, really glad she's OK. I was just wondering where would be the best place for my wife to ride when I get her a bike. Behind me and she might be pushing too hard to keep up. In front and she might push too hard so as not to hold me up. :confused: Personally, I like to ride in the back of a group. I like to keep my eye on everyone and never feel pressure to ride at others pace.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, Clark; to hear Todd talk of your riding ability, if you put momma on anything bigger than a 250, it'll be *you* pushing to keep up. :p

Ken, glad to hear that your wife is O.K. That had to be a scary moment.

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
DOH!!
Good point Pete. Maybe I'll start her off on a Schwinn; or if you plan on selling the Superhawk in a couple weeks that'd do too. :D :D

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

·
Registered
367 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Personally, I like to ride in the back of a group. I like to keep my eye on everyone and never feel pressure to ride at others pace.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
He sure does :) Rug Burn get you and your wife some chatterboxes, they are good for 2 miles away and then you and your wife can ride at whatever pace the two of you feel comfortable doing.

Glad to hear that just the bike is damaged and not the wife :) My wife has given up the idea and she was only going 2 mph when she dropped my Katana, in the parking lot.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The new
CBR600 with the FI looks pretty nice, especially the black and silver color scheme<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does!

And thank God the wife ok!

------------------
When you're racing youre living, everything else is just waiting. E.K.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ken, glad to hear your wife is OK. Sounds like she had a mild concussion. Lucky it wasn't worse. A bike can either be fixed or replaced, a human being can't. Ride safe.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Maybe I'll start her off on a Schwinn; or if you plan on selling the Superhawk in a couple weeks that'd do too. :D :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, he's talking smack about the superchicken! Maybe he bought it for the sex appeal.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Like the others, I'm happy to hear your wife is okay. And it's a good sign that she still wants to ride after a get-off like that.

What kind of helmet was she wearing and how damaged was it? BE SURE you get her a nice, new helmet.

------------------
Stacia
Administrator
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since no one else asked,did you look to see what may have caaused the tail slide?I'm curious since it could be me or you next time.Glad she's OK,I would freak if it was me.Keep her safe man and be careful out on the road.

------------------
Steven G. Knecht
1991 VFR750F
1989 RX-7 GTU

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the bike bottom out The 93 zx6 suspension is very very soft no adj on it the rear spring max out. I fear this would happen and told her about the bike suspension a month ago. We plan on a new bike spring 2001. Iam going friday to look at a 750 monster. The seat need to be low 29 - 31 ----- 750 monster or hon F4 ???

------------------
Ken

1 - 17 of 17 Posts