Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
Anyone out there familiar with this line of helmets? Specifically the B20 line.
Good or Bad? Anything?

thanks for your help!
jason

------------------

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have owned several Bieffes over the years, but not a B20. They are a good value but they are not top-of-the-line, by any means. For that, stick to AGV, Shoei and Arai. Bieffes will provide good protection, but you won't get the plush comfort and quietness you get with the better helmets.

Also, be aware of the buckles. Personally, I like them. I wish all helmets had buckles instead of D-rings. You can snap or unsnap them with gloves on. I can't take off a helmet with D-rings without taking my gloves off first. But some people don't like the buckles. Matter of personal preference.

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by motociclista:
Also, be aware of the buckles. Personally, I like them. I wish all helmets had buckles instead of D-rings. You can snap or unsnap them with gloves on. I can't take off a helmet with D-rings without taking my gloves off first. But some people don't like the buckles. Matter of personal preference.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hear the buckles can come undone in crashes. my beiffe helmet saved my life. it's not as nice as my last two agv's, but it worked, and that's all that matters.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We bought Bieffe BR8-multi-color helmets and I personally "hate" the buckle, it sticks a lot and you can't easly hook it to a hemlet lock!

Had to finally replace me 5 year old RF200 Astra Shoei, and didn't have major funds for a RF800 or better so we'd thought we'd try the Bieffe. Better than the Nolan N35 the wife had.

------------------
BJ Ondo, "Old Fart"
Colorado
1980 GS1100E Suzuki
"Classic Sport Bike"

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tony:

Counting you, I now know of two people who were in crashes involving a head impact while wearing a Bieffe and came out unscathed -- and without the buckle coming undone. Not a good statistical sample, but I tend to trust the buckles on those helmets.

I put an aftermarket buckle fastener on my AGV, and while it is easier to use than the Bieffe buckles, I have less confidence in it staying attached under severe stress.

BJ:

On my old Bieffe, the trick to keeping it from sticking is to apply some sideways pressure when pushing on the red buckle tab. It's easier to show than describe, but think of bending the attached buckle outward away from your face. When I do that, it pops right open and never sticks. When someone else uses the helmet for the first time and doesn't know the drill, it always sticks and they're stuck with the helmet on their head.

------------------

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too am thinking about a Bieffe, but I'm looking at the GPR. The thing that pisses me off is that I can't find a local retailer that carries Bieffe lids so I can try one on. I don't want to order one and then have to be stuck with a lid that I don't like.

Anyone in Phoenix know of any Bieffe dealers. If I can't try one on, I'm gonna an HJC AC-10 :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I owned 2 Bieffe helmets, B9 and BR15-GP both are great. I like the quick release buckles. I now have a Shoei RF800. The Shoei has more padding but the fits is about the same. the wind noise is less with the Shoei, but these are the only differances. As for size, I have the same size in the Bieffe and Shoei so they are close.

As for the crash rating, if the Snell number is the same then the protection should be also.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Several years ago I bought a Bieffe helmet to use as a commuter or spare helmet.
It was one of their "lower" level helmets and SURE acted the part.
If they put as little effort/quality into their lower budget helmets,as they did this one,then I would NEVER buy one of their "better" helmets.
I will stick with my Arai or Shoei helmets and feel much better for doing so.
How much is your head worth?????:D

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts