Sportbike World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo if anyone could drop some advice I’d be appreciative. I’m going off to college at USF this fall and I want to buy my first motorcycle. Been doing a lot of research but I’m gonna buy motorcycle lessons too. I want a bike around 300-600 cc I guess. Preferably 600. I’m gonna buy cash used. What best bikes should I look for?

·
Super Moderator
705 Posts
Hi! It really depends on what type of bike and what your intended use is. Bikes of all sizes are incredibly competitive nowadays, unlike 20 or 30 years ago when it was nearly expected that anything for highway use needed to be 750cc or larger.

If you are a newer rider you might avoid full on sport bikes because they are really toned down race machines, and ergonomics suffer. Something like a hyper naked like the Yamaha MT-03. But I'd stay clear of the smaller displacement cruisers, as they have a bit more weight and less HP.

If you are looking at one of the supersport 600s, it's really down to picking your favorite color and features. They really are so closely matched in performance these days it's insane.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are looking for a budget-friendly used motorcycle then you should check out these:

Suzuki SV650
Kawasaki Ninja 400
Honda CB500X
Harley-Davidson XG500

It depends on what type of bike and what your intended use is. There is a lot of choices you can find according to your budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts