Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new rear tire. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which one to get. I will be doing some stunting, but also allot of cornering. What is a good tire that grips well, heats up quickly, has pretty good tread wear and is a good price. I have been looking at the M-1, any other suggestions?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
cornering ehh?????
I went from the stocker D207's to the new 208's and my cornering confidence went up like 95%...swear to god!
My buddies always shot ahead of me like 1/4 mile after some twisties...but now the bike WANTS to be leaned over...best 170 bucks i've ever spent....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
akcbr said:
cornering ehh?????
I went from the stocker D207's to the new 208's and my cornering confidence went up like 95%...swear to god!
My buddies always shot ahead of me like 1/4 mile after some twisties...but now the bike WANTS to be leaned over...best 170 bucks i've ever spent....
And I just went from D208ZR's to M1's on the cbr, and my confidence shot way up, much better, but costs a bit more.

James.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
I love the Sportec M1's, gonna try the Diablo's next. I don't think it matters much for stunting, but I'm no authority there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
What Tyres

Chulero,
both the M1 and Diablo are simular in feel and handling I have used both a nd now run Diablo Corsa's on both my bikes and I can teel you the Diablos will last longer particularly the front in almost all situations, very stable good feel and progressive sliding at the limit before they let go.

Just my experiences could be because they are now the same company!

Safe Rides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
My buddies have tried every think out there and keep going back to the Bridgestone 010s, my favorite. I gone through about a zillion sets of the 010s and in my opinion for the price you can not beat them. They are the best priced serious sport tire out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
I had the 207's on my F4i, but on my 929 I have 010's. I think the 010's stick better, but then again I have learned to ride the 929 a bit more aggressive than the 600. I trust em pretty good. Got my vote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
chulero said:
Is it ok to have 2 different types of tires on a bike? What effect will it have?
Tires have different shapes, profiles, and construction which are meant to provide even, stable handling. Mix and match tires and there's the posibility of creating an imbalance that you can feel and/or put you on your head. So as a general rule, you should not mix tires, and you *really* shouldn't mix brands.

Having said that, if you don't ride very hard, it probably doesn't matter much. You're not going fast enough on them to cause any troubles or create a situation where the imbalance would cause an accident.

But if you like to push the bike a little, then buy a matched set.

Scott :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scotteq said:
Tires have different shapes, profiles, and construction which are meant to provide even, stable handling. Mix and match tires and there's the posibility of creating an imbalance that you can feel and/or put you on your head. So as a general rule, you should not mix tires, and you *really* shouldn't mix brands.

Having said that, if you don't ride very hard, it probably doesn't matter much. You're not going fast enough on them to cause any troubles or create a situation where the imbalance would cause an accident.

But if you like to push the bike a little, then buy a matched set.

Scott :)
So for stunting and speeds under/around 100mph they should be ok?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
chulero said:
So for stunting and speeds under/around 100mph they should be ok?

Match the set...

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
never2old said:
My buddies have tried every think out there and keep going back to the Bridgestone 010s, my favorite. I gone through about a zillion sets of the 010s and in my opinion for the price you can not beat them. They are the best priced serious sport tire out there.
I went from the Pilot Sports to 010 to 012SS and for inspiring confidence I must say that the 010's were the best, price or not. I put 4000 miles on these 012SS and they're good, mind you, enough for a track day, but just don't have the same sense of confidence I did when I ran the 010.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
I've used the M1s and like them very well. I'm currently using the Diablo and it seems as good if not a bit better. For some reason it seems smoother. For street riding, mixing tires is not really a problem if you keep an eye on the tires profile. Two tires with a similar profile should be fine.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top