Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to get some work done to my bike, (valve adjustment, tire change, oil change, etc), what would be the best shop in the Detroit area to go to? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
ManousoZX12 said:
If I wanted to get some work done to my bike, (valve adjustment, tire change, oil change, etc), what would be the best shop in the Detroit area to go to? Any recommendations?
I recommend you do as much as you can yourself. If you can't change the oil yourself, My recommendation is to get an electric scooter. :D The price most shops charge to do an oil change, or other simple repairs is outrageous, and in my opinion based on the fact that if you take your bike to them for such things they know they can bend you over.

Tire changes, see Don Proctor at Rec Leisure. Everywhere else i go for tire changes seem to scratch the piss out of my rims, NOT MENTIONING ANY NAMES!!!

The rest is a crap shoot, either the shop does good work and has a 2 month backup, or they get you right in and don't know what they're doing. Both mean downtime

One shop I wil tell you will never see a bike of mine for service is Macomb Cycle. :finger:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: Re: Best shop in the area?

LuckyStrike said:

One shop I wil tell you will never see a bike of mine for service is Macomb Cycle. :finger:
Can you sugar coat it anymore :D

Most things you can do yourself with some mechanical knowledge, some stuff you can take off the bike for shops to work on, other stuff... like the valves. You need to make a choice

1. Let someone else mess up your junk
2. Learn to mess up your junk yourself :D

I like number 2 with a good Manual

Steve

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
there are plenty of people here in the club that can provide you with help as well. You should consider buying a service manual for your bike, it'll be the best $30 investment you'll make on your bike.

Not that he needs it, but i'll vouch for Don Proctor doing excellent work with rims/tires.

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys. :twofinger lol

but yea I see the point you guys are making. I will try and do as much as I can by myself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There may also be someone in this post you dont want changing your oil:twofinger Sorry Bill this was the wrong thread for ya to post in:thumb:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
bmacd said:
You should consider buying a service manual for your bike, it'll be the best $30 investment you'll make on your bike.

-=bmacd=-

and then after you buy it..don't just use it to sit on so you can see over the steering wheel...read it and understand it too :)

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
almightys said:
and buy a torque wrench!
takes some of the guessing out of it.
OK, lets get back on track...the best shop around: you make the call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts