Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend i was out w/some people. typical sport bike riders...colrful hemet, jackets, footwear, bikes etc. we stop at a gas station and this little kid says "mommy, they are dressed like Power Rangers!"

-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
969 Posts
Is that why kids get so excited to see us ride by, they think were superheros? From now on when I see a kid I'm going into superhero mode.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Chris Sedition said:
this weekend i was out w/some people. typical sport bike riders...colrful hemet, jackets, footwear, bikes etc. we stop at a gas station and this little kid says "mommy, they are dressed like Power Rangers!"

-chr|s sedition
Around here, the typical sport bike rider wears no gear except for a colorful helmet. I do see people in leathers on occasion, but definitely not enough. But hey, this is a free country :rolleyes: Sometimes I wonder if those of us who wear full gear may be somewhat biased?

I did my own "Power Ranger" rendition last night when I pulled in after work in front of my kids' elementary for "Back to School" picnic. My red bike ("rice-rocket") and bright-ass-yellow jacket had to be a rare sight in this Harley town :moon: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Haha, blame that on all the makers of leathers...It's pretty hard to get a basic look, unless ya get em custom made...:D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm a super ranger / super hero

red/white Arai Edwards helemt
red/white Yamaha Fusion jacket
red R6
red/blk Sidi vertabra 2's

power up!
-sedition

·
Registered
11 Posts
dont they make up for bikes being naturally hard to see by making leathers bright colors that usually never match so drivers will notice them better? I always thought that was the reason htey make leathers powerrangersuits

·
Registered
427 Posts
supersquid said:
dont they make up for bikes being naturally hard to see by making leathers bright colors that usually never match so drivers will notice them better? I always thought that was the reason htey make leathers powerrangersuits
They certainly have plenty of options for leathers or fabric jackets that have muted color schemes. I chose yellow/white/black jacket for visibility, like you said, even though my bike is red. Being noticeable to other drivers on the road was my main priority in this case. The fact that it looks cool is a bonus :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
my bike is red/white for the next 2 weeks. but everything I wear is black/grey leather with a couple reflective stripes and a gray visor/HJC graphite helmet. I guess that makes me the evil rogue ranger:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts