Sportbike World banner

Best Polish I've ever used!!!

8K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  fuster 
#1 ·
I have tried several different types, Mostly ones recommened by the guys and girls here. BUT I do swear this stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. I'm sure you will think the same after you try it.
I cant keep this to myself. A buddy of mine let me try his stuff a little bit ago and Holly Shit !!! Could not belive it. I will not use any other metal polish again.

*** I swear I dont work for this freakin place, but just gotta pass the word on. Take a look a the website and do what ya want. I could not in good concience keep this info from this forum.>>>>>

http://metalwax.com/

*** clip from site for BRIEF explanation>>

"Other brands of metal polish contain mostly rouge compounds or other abrasives & mineral spirits. They are like liquid dirt in a bottle. As you rub this abrasive on the metal it wears off the surface to a new layer of metal that shines. The down side is, when the compounds grind on the surface they disintegrate into micro fine particles that get pushed into the pores of the metal below the surface, once this happens you can't remove it The more you polish the more dirt you push into the metal, the worse it gets. When you wash the metal with soap, the soap contains alkaline which is corrosive. Corrosives eat dirt, that is their job, this is how the soap cleans."
>>>>>Please vist thier site for a greater and in depth version. But trust me it works !!!!

I too have used MOTHER's and Eagle One for some time now, but I'm probably not going to go back to them. I will most likely donate my can's to charity or something because I sure am not going back to them after I've seen what this stuff can do. I do REALLY appologise for not posting pics BUT I so not have a Dig. cam. There are a few on thier web site if interested.

I dont know anyone else who uses this stuff, but I would like someone who has used it to speak up if so.
**There, I have cleared my concience and can not feel guilty about keeping this to myself. I just wanted to see if it really worked before I said something. So there.

Regards >> zx7biker

:) :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Gonna try it

zx7Biker:

Hey, I am going to try the stuff on my wheels on my M6. I use Mothers, but you are so enthusiastic, and I checked the link you gave, I have to give this stuff a shot. I probably won't try it out for a month, but I will try to remember to give some feedback when I do, I promise I will do it after trying it on my aluminum wheels, they are a pain to keep polished. :cool:

#5 ·
Anal retentive guy here...

I don't know if any of you folks have ever heard of Zaino Brothers in New Jersey. Someone turned me on to their product line about 2 years ago, and it's all I have ever used on my 2000 Miata. Now I use it on my new bike. These products were initially sold for car show folks. I have not seen them for sale off-the-shelf anywhere, but can be purchased directly from Sal Zaino (www.zainobros.com, I think). They don't accept credit cards. You can download the order form and mail it with a check. The show car polish product has no cleaning agents or abrasives, and looks wet after 2-3 coats. I hope that this has been helpful.

#7 ·
FLITZ is a metal polish/protectant. It looks like blue toothpaste. You take about the same amount and use it to buff the bluespots out of chrome pipes. It also REALLY shines up and protects polished aluminum, too. Been using it for years and have yet to see anything better for the price/ease of use/longevity, etc. Only problem is finding someone who's selling it. Probably get get it on the net somewhere, I haven't looked. Bought a small toothpaste tube about 4 years ago and still have a bunch left. It doesn't take much of this stuff to do a good job. That's what I find cool about it. ................................Jimmy G...................

#8 ·
Jimmy, did you buy it at an auto parts store? Just thinking I can search what we have over in these parts, by looking in the same type of store that you bought it in.

ZX, I also tried that Zainobro.s link twice on two different days, just got "Page Cannot Be Displayed".

#13 ·
Wow. You really think it has that harsh chemical in it? If so, is it that safe for aluminum? Or painted surfaces?

#15 ·
Got the metalwax and cleaner

zx7biker, I got that Metalwax and Cleaner set. Going to try it out on my Dinan wheels on my M-6. They have polished AL rims that are hard to keep shiny.

Do you use a piece of wet carpet, like the instructions say to use? Seems wierd.

#16 ·
Yes, But thats only to clean it FIRST( little piece of carpet). Gotta get all the crap off first. Even if it does'nt look like there's stuff on them. You would be suprised at the difference. Then I used a soft cotton cloth to apply and polish the metal. I hope you get as good as results as I did. Because after that I will not use another product on my bike. Well... unless something better comes along, but till then....
Oh yea, if you get good results, and have a dig. camera please take some PRE and POST photos and let others see the difference. That's one thing I wish I could have provided for ya guys. Ooops and Girls if any out there.

#18 ·
i found this fruit based metal polish at my local privately owned auto detaling store, the best stuff ive ever found its called lightning shine, i cant even find a website for this product but if i do ill post it , the shieat is like 13 bucks for a normal sized bottle, pretty steep but well worth the buck :thumb:

#19 ·
I use Bomsaway. Or BOMB as some HD riders call it. I bought a bottle for $15.00 off of the net. One small drop will do about 6 square inches. No elbow grease required. This stuff rocks. Takes everything out of the metal. Water spots, blueing. Even small hairline scratches. Oxidation. No problem comes off instantly. How about melted boot on your exhaust pipe? No problem.

I've tried mother's neverdull and various others this shit works great on my bare aluminium frame and swingarm.

Here's the link.

http://www.badtothebom.com/

#22 ·
Compstall said:
Yep, got a tube in my toolbox. ;)
Flitz is great stuff. Have not found anything quite like it. Great for aluminum, stainless, plastic, steel, copper, brass. It does it all, no scratches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.