Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest somewhere to purchase an Arai Quantum /f below retail? And if you have one...how do you like it?
Going around in circles deciding on a helmet; but I think the Arai is the one.
Thanks as always...
jc

------------------

·
Registered
169 Posts
mail order ! the trick is knowing what size color, etc, than finding someone who has it in stock, i have had good luck with Kiernan, he will tell you if he does not have it, not like MAW, who will say they have it, than three days later you get a post card in the mail stating it's out of stock :mad: good luck !

------------------
texas tornado #2

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luckily, I have tried a few arai helmets on to get an idea of size. Now, I just want someone who'll discount them. :)

thanks,
jc

------------------

·
Registered
110 Posts
Check out www.helmetshop.com.

They have solids for $325, and replicas for $380.

(I have a Quantum/e and love it.)

------------------
Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that sportbike riding will cause swelling of the testicles, shrinkage of the brain, and possible severe trauma to the ego.

[This message has been edited by mad kaw (edited August 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I agree with the above, got the best price on my HJC from there.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for your replies.
some good places to look!
jc

------------------

·
Registered
346 Posts
whats the difference between quantum e and quantum f.. i would definately go with an arai.. ive held both a shoei rf800 side by side wit arai's.. and arai's are lighter and they vent a lot better.. i like arai's better.. but could somebody explain to me. the difference between e and f.. thanks

jos F

------------------
Some day, i'll ride like all the famed riders of today.. for i will be the rider of tommorrow.. :D:D, cuz as of today.. i have only three months of riding everyday experience under my n*tS.. :D:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
A friend of mine just purchased a Quantum/f and I only noticed a couple of differences. Where the Q/e has one vent in front and one in the back (on the top of the helmet), the Q/f has two. Also when the shield is raised, the Q/f has a small lever that sticks out from each side cover, making for an easier shield change.

------------------
Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that sportbike riding will cause swelling of the testicles, shrinkage of the brain, and possible severe trauma to the ego.

·
Registered
25 Posts
try ebay....keyword arai....i had talked to a guy about an new rr4 colin edwards for only $350

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts