Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi:

im looking for a new pipe for my 01 f4i. im mainly interested in the slip on because it gives more mid range power(read in one of the exhaust threads on sportbikes.com). another reason i want a new pipe is because i want my bike to be louder. also, i kind of like the look of the high exit, does that mean i have to get the full system?

thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got an M4 high mount sport slip on for my 02. It's got a nice high exit and allows you to get your rears pegs if you ever dicide to go 2 up. I got it from a website called Hi Side Racing. I don't think they're around anymore, but just do a google search and I'm sure you'll find something about them. Also, check out discountmotorcycleexhaust.com. They've got everything you could ever want or need for exhausts there.

Here's what mine looks like:

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
jroosterF4i said:
I got an M4 high mount sport slip on for my 02. It's got a nice high exit and allows you to get your rears pegs if you ever dicide to go 2 up. I got it from a website called Hi Side Racing. I don't think they're around anymore, but just do a google search and I'm sure you'll find something about them. Also, check out discountmotorcycleexhaust.com. They've got everything you could ever want or need for exhausts there.

Here's what mine looks like:
I'll second that one.... I've got the same one on mine.... nice rumble, and sounds great! Very mellow growl instead of a tinny sound.

Can't speak for the power aspect though as I've never heard the bike without it.

-Joe

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey jroosterF4i or gijoecam i got an 04 f4i, if i were to get the pipe u guys got,would i need to replace or change my stock rear blinkers. i looks like the pipe might be too close to them. i really like the high mount set up, devil makes one too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I honestly have no idea as the previous owner installed an under-tail kit on mine. There are three different styles for the F4i though: Two are direct factory replacements and should fit the stock location, the third is a hi-rise, but if my memory serves, you have to lose the rear peg for it.

-Joe

·
Registered
75 Posts
i want the high rise but dont wanna loose the rear foot pegs. it looks like jroosterF4i still has his rear pegs still in the pic.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dont know what you think of this,but i just fitted this devil pipe to my own bike,it sounds amazing and took under an hour to fit.It comes complete with brackets so you dont lose the rear pegs.The only thing you have to do is to get shorter indicators or an undertray ....(pic aint of my bike)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Davecbr6 said:
second try...
I am told that Devil pipes dont add all that much HP to the Hondas.

FYI... I spoke to the US Distributer on a number of occasions. The shotgun pipes add less HP than a regular carbon fiber canister. (by a significant amount)

You are spending double the money for the look. Understandable, a number of people would gladly take the 2 hp hit for the added look... but its your call.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, when speaking to the local dealer in the uk they did not claim any increase in power,i have not noticed any decrease either and the engine is revving clean and smooth up through the gears....my reasons for fitting it was for looks and because no-one else i know has this pipe fitted...

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
oh yeah btw... answering a few more questions along the way...

Turn signal eliminators ( integrated, exc) are needed in order to go with a high-exit exhaust on ANY system.

almost every High-exit exhaust that I am aware of allows you to keep the stock rear pegs. If you look at the pics I have posted on myspace (link in my sig) you can see a number of pics of my bike both with and without the rear pegs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I just don't like the look of it. The twin pipes looks like something from a harley and it doesn't really go with the bike. If you are going for the pipe nobody else has, I guess you win. It is still a nicely made pipe though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts