Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a strictly asthetic (cant think how to spell that word?) view point what sportbike do you guys think is the best looking? I find the triumph 955 very pleasing to the eye. And while we are at it whats the ugliest one? To me looks arent the most important thing but I thought it might be somethin to talk about.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like the Buell X-1, I also like the looks of the Ducati 900ss, I don't like the looks of the Kawasaki ZX 12, it doesn't look like they planned anything out. The air intake for the air box looks like they retrofitted it as an afterthought.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to agree about the ZX12. It is a fantastic bike, and is highly underrated against the Busa. The 12R is a real superbike, and with "mere mortal standard mods" gets its dick back and will bust 200mph no prob.

But it's ugly.

As for the best looking bike? R1. Sorry. Still the standard in my opinion in terms of cool looking front ends go (what else is there). My 2001 ZX9 looks great, and the dual-cat-eye I think is an inevitable style change that will be on ALL superbikes within a couple years (if you didn't know, the ZX9 front is a updated copy of the R1, but it still looks good).

Now if we could combine the R1 front, with Kawasaki-style engine power delivery and comfort, single-sided swingarm style from Aprilla or Duc, and the all-out crazy holy-shit-factor from 'da Gixxers... (...drooling now...) Wanna start a new bike company anyone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best looking 2k1 bike

I cast my vote for the R1 (in blue no less) with the F4i in close second... but I may be brainwashed! ;)

The Ducati 748 and 996 have all that sex appeal though, and they're such gorgeous bikes... DAMN this isnt as easy as I thought! Maybe I'll start saving my pennies for a 748... :D

-Dreaming of Ducati, but loving my Honda

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Best looking 2k1 bike

LovinMyF4i said:
I cast my vote for the R1 (in blue no less) with the F4i in close second... but I may be brainwashed! ;)

The Ducati 748 and 996 have all that sex appeal though, and they're such gorgeous bikes... DAMN this isnt as easy as I thought! Maybe I'll start saving my pennies for a 748... :D

-Dreaming of Ducati, but loving my Honda
From what I've read, Ducatis are like Astin Martins. European made. Debateable quality levels. Very expensive to buy or repair... and japanese knock-offs will kick its ass in every performance category except looks (e.g. Acura NSX, RX-7, Toyota Supra, etc).

I do like the single sided swingarm, and underseat exhaust though...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I must agree with the R1/R6, I think it's the best lookin bike ever made, and right behind the Yammys would have to say Ducati's are second best in looks but number one in overall peformance, to me. But this is somethin to think about cuz i think all new and resent sportbikes look awesome:)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I hate to say it, but the R1 is a very good looking bike, better than the 929 :(

The ZX12 is SO ugly IMO. Those mirrors are right off a old camero I think!! I dont like the high tech. frame design either.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Strictly on looks? I agree on the Triumph, especially the silver, the VFR 800 up close, and the Ducatis from a distance. On the other hand, two I would consider buying, the XX and 'Busa, are some of my least favorites. Some say the 'Busa will grow on you and they might be right... but so will a wart!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Re: Best looking 2k1 bike

asmith said:

From what I've read, Ducatis are like Astin Martins. European made. Debateable quality levels. Very expensive to buy or repair... and japanese knock-offs will kick its ass in every performance category except looks (e.g. Acura NSX, RX-7, Toyota Supra, etc).

I do like the single sided swingarm, and underseat exhaust though...
Probably true.. my F4i is a bit lighter, and just a tad bit slower than the 748, and I can still afford to eat!

Still a bitchin looking bike though!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'll have to agree with the Triumph fans out there, and they sound real cool.

The R1 is great looking but not exclusive enough, they're getting real common out here.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Best looking 2k1 bike

LovinMyF4i said:

Probably true.. my F4i is a bit lighter, and just a tad bit slower than the 748, and I can still afford to eat!

WHAT! An F4i will SPANK a 748! Heck, a regular F4 will beat a 748 all day!

I spank my neighbor on his 748 with my VFR.

IMO, the F4i is a far superior bike to the 748 when your talking about PRICE, power, handling and looks

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Best looking bike IMO is a toss-up between the silver Triumph Daytona 955i and the Aprilia RSV Mille R.

Ugliest is the Suzuki 'Busa. I do give Suzuki credit for being unique though. At least they have the guts to build something that looks different from their other models.

The best looking bike that is not mass produced and not on the road in the US is the Mondial Piega.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Best looking 2k1 bike

HondaNut! said:

WHAT! An F4i will SPANK a 748! Heck, a regular F4 will beat a 748 all day!

I spank my neighbor on his 748 with my VFR.

IMO, the F4i is a far superior bike to the 748 when your talking about PRICE, power, handling and looks
F4i, ZX6, GIX6, etc... will all kill the 748 Duck.

Ducatis are like Harleys (ouch, did I say that?). They kick ass in looks (for their respective class) but they just don't follow it up with reliability, performance, or PRICE... which is what drives many-a-buyer I think.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Voxan Boxer has to be the best looking bike out there. I've never seen one in person, but they kick in photos. Beyond that, I like the Triumph Speed Triple, The Buell X-1 Lightning, and the R1 in no particular order.
I really don't like Honda's accept for the F4i. How could you hate that!!! I know I'll get flamed for this but I'm not crazy about Gixxers either. They all seem to look the same to me. BUT, you can't help love them on the inside, the new liter bike has no competition, if only it didn't look like the best bike of last year, the 750.
Cheers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
best looking bike

I think the Ducati is a goodlooking bike. But when compared to the other Japanise bikes, is just lacks..... Kawasaki's are very sexing looking bikes, and so is the Honda f4(owned one HEHE) But all will agree the R6 and R1 (blue & white) are the best looking bikes of the bunch. How can I make the statement? All my friends (all support and ride other bikes) say the most sexiest of the bunch, is the R6 or R1. Rode my Yamaha up the Honda dealership and when side by side, the Yamaha prevails!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I gotta go with the Honda CBR F4i in silver, then the Buell Lightning from 2000 (Red w/ White Racing Stripes), then the Triumph Speed Triple in Black w/ the Bug Eye Lights.... And finally the lil Suzook SV650.... My bike at least...

Cheers... Mike

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes, the Cagiva Senna F4s is quite beautiful, that's the above bike in case anyone was wondering.

I can't wait to see the 929 with some styling cues from the F4i in 2002, that's going to be my next bike most likely.

I think the Benelli Tornado is so gorgeous, because of it's beauty in design, and in looks. I know it will have tons of problems, but it's forward thinking that pushes the limit and makes the future come sooner!

I agree on the gixxers, no way anyone can deny it. The 600, 750, and 1000 all use the same bodywork, it's rediculous. That is even OK, at least make unique colors for each model, and graphics. Leave the yellow on the 750, and have a red/black 600, something special for the 1000, and then a drastically different traditional blue/white graphic and color scheme for each bike.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts