Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my name is euey, i am brand new to the world of street bikes and i was looking for some recommendations before i went out shopping for bikes being as i am pretty far from dealerships....i am about 6'0" maybe 280 lbs and i am looking for some input on what would be a good bike for me, i dont want to look like a guy who is riding a little kids bike and i want enough power to get around and not look like an idiot, if anyone could give me some input that would be great, thanks is advance for your help

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
This link will get you started in the right direction. I think the first thing you should do, if you have not already, is take the Motorcycle Safety Course. Check with the Department of Motor Vehicles or local police department for more info.

Make sure you get proper gear, helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, pants. :2cents:

Welcome to the site! :thumbs2:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome, you want a 250 or at most a 500...learn to thrash it around for a year or so and THEN you can consider shopping for a bike to get looks on.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think the first thing you should do, if you have not already, is take the Motorcycle Safety Course. Check with the Department of Motor Vehicles or local police department for more info.

The GREAT news is that you live in PA. In PA the MSC doesn't cost you a penny, just a few hours of your time. Plus, if you pass the course, you get your motorcycle license on the spot!!!! It's a REALLY exceptional program.

What I would recommend is taking the course first, and then deciding what kind of riding you think you might end up doing. That will help you narrow down the bikes that you're interested in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts