Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been riding a kawauki ninji 500cc for about 2 years and im looking to upgrade to a bigger faster bike. Will a 750cc be to big of a jump, i just dont want to have a 600cc and be dissapointed with the power. These are my line ups in no order. Which is best for me( im guessing that this will be all over the map but lets see.)

Kaw 600/636
Yam r6
Suz Gsxr 600/ 750
Trim 675d
hon cbr600rr

ty

·
Registered
265 Posts
Considering we really know nothing about you, it'd be hard to say what your next bike should be. IMO, some may agree or disagree and it all in the end depends on the rider, a 750 wouldn't be too big of a jump. Hell, some could pull off jumping to a liter. It just all depends on the responsibility of the rider and how much experience has been gained.

You really can't go wrong with any of those sportbikes these days in terms of performance and reliability. My advice would be go sit on them and see which is most comfortable to your riding style.

·
Registered
633 Posts
A 600 not having enough power? I kind of doubt that since you will never get it all down on the road anyway. Other than that go with what Vipes said. Sit on'em and see! :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go with a F4i 600 Honda or the all new CBR600 RR that is the best 600 ever!

if you must go with a 750 the best one will always be the suzuki, and the new one is awesome dude!

Hang around some older riders and learn from them, and ride with them to learn how to stay alive on the streets, riding no matter how old you are is always a learning experiance, and experianced riders know to be willing to learn more.

Never ride in the center of the 2 track in the road it's called
"the oil drip dust and nail groove" right where every motor drips it's oil and all the dust and debris collect, I watch so many harley riders ride right in it and riders who have not learned about it's danger.

Ride with a strategy of self preservation! It's you the bike your riding and the road and it users who might kill or mame you!

Learn to ride in both of the tire tracks and when to choose wich one is safer for other people to see you, such as when approching a hill you are generaly safer when in the right track as you crest the hill because of the other vehicles in the oncoming lane could be over the double yellow and hit you, I have seen so many harley riders ride side by side over hills and oncoming vehicles almost hit them, you think they would learn that strategy and stagger themselves as well.

Riding in the Right Track also allows Oncoming Traffic to see you better when somebody in the Oncoming Traffic is About to Pass vehicles, the may jump out and not see you when your in the Left track, so many riders stay in the Left track when Oncoming Semi Trucks are coming towards them, this is downright stupid!! they are asking for trouble in the form of wind gust, a flying rock or debris, or a miscalculation of the oncoming truck drivers wheel.

Self Preservation Tactics must be paramount when riding a motorcycle, just use common sense and learn from other Smart Riders who can teach you something new!

Get a 2007 suzuki 750 gixxer dude and have fun!

:thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also when riding in the Right track if their are people coming off side roads to your right or backing out of driveways then consider switching over to the Left Track so they can see you better or sooner, constant awareness of where to be seen better and sooner.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Easy dude, get a 05,06 ZX-6R. The extra 36cc's of displacement make a huge difference. I haven't even begun to squeeze all the performance out of mine yet and I'm far from being bored with it. Theres nothing better than outbreaking or getting a better drive out of a turn and passing a liter bike on the track!

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you can get a good push from the turn, having the momentum will help you yes. Strait up roll on, no..... Use your head and think about it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yep, I do it pretty often in the B class actually. If you adjust your line to square off the turn you can get a really good drive coming out. If my adjusted line is producing more corner speed and I can get on the gas earlier there isn't much a liter bike can do. Now on a track like Road American where the straights are crazy long you better do some pulling away in the turns or they'll catch back up with you eventually, however you can usually get them back under breaking.

Its been said a million times before but its truely more about the rider than anything. I've gotten passed by Control Riders on 250's with one arm on the controls while they look back at me.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
600's made in the last 5 years literally have twice the rear wheel horsepower of your Ninja 500R (and weigh about the same), so you should be more than satisfied with the output!

I second the suggestion of "bittersweetryan" with the recommendation of a 636cc ZX-6R. One of my riding buddies just did exactly that- sold his 1998 Ninja 500R and bought a brand-new 2006 ZX-6R. He is very hapy with it so far.

But you really can't go wrong with any one of the 600's. They are all so close in terms of performance that it really just comes down to a matter of individual preference. And has been said here already, it's all about the rider's skill level anyway.

·
Registered
177 Posts
hahahahaha

I was in the same position. 500CC for a while and then 600cc supersport. trust me, its quite a difference. :)

go ride a current 600 and see for yourself. Don't read any more posts until you have done so; and you will answer your own question.

·
Registered
35 Posts
my 2c

I never rode any 500cc's so I can't compare them to the new super sport 600's... however, just wanted to add my 2c about comparing new 750's to 600's....

I've had a 2000 GSX-R 750 (first year they started using fuel injection on the 750 line) and now i ride a 2004 GSX-R 600...

While the 600cc does have less horse power and torque than a 750cc, I am still able to keep up with all of my friends on their 750's...

Also, and this is just an example, when i enter the highway in 2nd gear and the engine is in 10k rpm zone, I am already going 30-40 miles over the speed limit.... so here's my question: Why would anyone need more than a 600c?

Just my 2c....

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Re: my 2c

igorek82 said:
Why would anyone need more than a 600c?

Just my 2c....
So they don't need to shift, ever :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Re: my 2c

kanwisch said:
So they don't need to shift, ever :D
=) You are right... I tend to shift more on the 600 just to keep the engine cooler when not going fast or in traffic.... But then again, being able to down shift and up shift smooth on high rpm is also a hard skill to master (it is also fun) =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts