Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo
two questions... anyone have a single belt drive on their bike? if so do you have any good pics of it or any info/specs on it?

im looking on designing a belt drive for my bike and am just looking for info.

Also, where are good bike salvage places around here for parts?

I live near Robinson, or the airport, so something this way would be cool, but Id like to know where they all are.

Thanks

·
Registered
925 Posts
The only two places I know of, are Addams Auto Cycle in Zelie, and Cycle Recyclers in Rochester. I don`t think Addams lets you go pick things off of their bikes, since they`re not a junk yard, but cycle recyclers pretty much is, and will let you take whatever you want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kicking the idea around....

The benefits to a belt are no oiling, no messing up your rims/engine/etc with splatter, cheaper to replace, last much longer, quieter, etc. With newer technology, belts are getting thinner, stronger, and very reliable.

If youre a performance freak you might lose a little power, but if you tour thousands and thousands of miles, youd be very happy not to deal with chain maintenance. i know i would have been when i did the x-country.

if you just zip around town and a "long day" is 100 miles, it wouldnt matter.

thanks for the info wantanaprilia!

Erndoggy said:
:wtf:Why?

Ernie

·
Registered
227 Posts
The best bike junk yard is Kneepers in somerset. They are just of rt.31 on of the best riding roads in the mountains. They have junk every thing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
How long til I would puke a belt on my bike? I bet it would only take an afternoon.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts