Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about 6 years since I've been on a bike.

I'm possibly interested in a Ducati 748 for my next bike. My last bike was a 95 (I think) CBR 600.

I'd like some input on the Ducati as my next bike? How will it compare to the Honda? How is it different than the Honda?

I'm still pretty much a newb when it comes to bikes so any newbie info is good to.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
It will most likely be heavier, put out less power than the honda. It will likely be a torture rack to sit on, and an attention whore.
It will also most likely have some indescribable quality, that no one can explain, but you will most likely fall in love with and rave and rant about how its the greatest thing on the face of the planet.

I dont understand it either, duc riders are just wierd like that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'll chime in here as an Italian bike fanatic. The 748 is a great bike. I would buy one over the 996 or 998. They are an owner's bike though. You have to love it and care for it. It's not something to be neglected. But the bike is such that you will enjoy caring for it and riding it. Every ride is a special occasion. If you like doing your own work or want to learn it then that just adds to the experience.

Honda make a great bike too. They also make great cars, outboards, lawn mowers, etc. A Ducati is much more than transportation. Italian bikes come with a soul.

They're not without their problems too. If you're buying used then make sure it was maintained.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts