Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on doing one of the track days this weekend? It's either Friday or Saturday (18th & 19th). I'm not decided on which one to do yet, but I want to do one of them. (Yes, Friday is good friday, which means a day off!)

Friday is $120 due to their $15 off weekend rates. Saturday would be $135.

I'm waiting to get closer to those days to figure out what the best weather day will be. :thumb:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Liggy11 said:
Anyone planning on doing one of the track days this weekend? It's either Friday or Saturday (18th & 19th). I'm not decided on which one to do yet, but I want to do one of them. (Yes, Friday is good friday, which means a day off!)

Friday is $120 due to their $15 off weekend rates. Saturday would be $135.

I'm waiting to get closer to those days to figure out what the best weather day will be. :thumb:
i'd registered for the 19th. i signed up for their ART class also, i figure you can't go wrong with rider education.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if i haven't done a track day yet can i just pay the 120 and go out on the track or do i have to take the full day class first. If so, whats the deal with that. Either way, i'll head up to the track this weekend just to check it out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
dukerider929 said:
if i haven't done a track day yet can i just pay the 120 and go out on the track or do i have to take the full day class first. If so, whats the deal with that. Either way, i'll head up to the track this weekend just to check it out.
they kinda of want you to do the class if you never been on the track. i took the free nesba one, thats what i would recommend you doing. however i was under the impression that its 120 for memebers and then adition 25 for non members

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already did the NESBA free day, it was fun, but not enough. I liked the people at Pro-motion better. Whatever the cost may be, 120 or whatever, I'm still gonna go with the intent to do it. Maybe they'll be cool about not being a member like they were last year, maybe not, that's the price of poker my friend. The next time Promotion is here is in July, and I don't want to wait that long.

Seb, to run you gotta roll up early if you wanna run. Do you have all the necessary gear?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Liggy11 said:

Seb, to run you gotta roll up early if you wanna run. Do you have all the necessary gear?
i tired to tell him that you need leathers and such, but he was not trying to hear it from me dan, so maybe if you tell him he will get some stuff, that is damn expensive for one day, 120 and that does not include tires

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:
i tired to tell him that you need leathers and such, but he was not trying to hear it from me dan, so maybe if you tell him he will get some stuff, that is damn expensive for one day, 120 and that does not include tires
I know where there are a few "tracks" that only get expensive if you get caught ;)
I need to get some leathers so I can hit the track days this year.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Tea Bagger said:
I know where there are a few "tracks" that only get expensive if you get caught ;)
I need to get some leathers so I can hit the track days this year.
maybe one of those curb beast might fit you :twofinger

there is a tact shop in ligonier that makes custom leathers and chaps for riding horses, i don't see why they could make racing leathers

:twofinger

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
crammer1977 said:
maybe one of those curb beast might fit you :twofinger

there is a tact shop in ligonier that makes custom leathers and chaps for riding horses, i don't see why they could make racing leathers

:twofinger
Nah man,might end up wearing one of your ex-girlfriends and might excite you to the point you might try to shag me,then I would have to kill you,unless you took me to an expensive restaurant first.Hahahahahaha:D
I found some deals on leathers and even found cheap stuff at M&M leather right here in Gbg.,but I want good stuff in case I do have a "moment".

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi Liggy. For $65. just join. If you run a couple of days, you get your money back plus you get a free tee shirt and a very special plastic key ring;) , well worth the money. Plus you can get good tire deals and a lot of parts at decent discount. I just got a DID 530 VMX (gold x ring) chain from them for $90. total, at the track so no shipping. I had only found one other source at $89 but had to add shipping from California.

As far as schools, they do require first time riders to take a track school but I assure you, even if you don't know it, you WANT to take it. It's all day, track time and class time, with a LOT of good information. The Nesba free school was a very minimal intro with nowhere near the same depth. The cost is about $250. which includes the track cost.

They do require leathers with armor, if two piece a full circumference zipper, gauntlet style gloves, boots, snell 95 minimum helmet in good shape, and a back protector. No double jeans. They also rent any of that equipment if you need it. You'll go faster than you've ever gone before without even trying so if you do go down, you'll want all of that stuff. I know some do it, but if you're doing anything more than follow the leader at a dramatically reduced pace, you don't want to chance anything less than full leather with armor, even if they would let you.

The people with Team Pro-Motion run a good program and have fun doing it. You'll have the best time of your life.:)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Dad said:
The people with Team Pro-Motion run a good program and have fun doing it. You'll have the best time of your life.:)
Best time....hmmmm......I think the Dragon is right even with track time.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
Best time....hmmmm......I think the Dragon is right even with track time.
It's up there. You'll have to get in on a WV / Va ride. They're fun too and not quite as many blind corners. The track takes away the ticket concerns and allows total concentration on your riding instead of traffic, wildlife, gravel, motorhomes, tractor trailers, etc.;)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Dad said:
It's up there. You'll have to get in on a WV / Va ride. They're fun too and not quite as many blind corners. The track takes away the ticket concerns and allows total concentration on your riding instead of traffic, wildlife, gravel, motorhomes, tractor trailers, etc.;)
I did a way backroad WV ride right before winter and had a dog jump off a fricken cliff and try to nail me.......crazy cousin dogs!!!

Looks like crap weather for the track! If it is nice I will head out there to watch, got to keep the play funds open for the GAP in 3 weeks! Got a week of the Dragon!

·
Registered
511 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
I did a way backroad WV ride right before winter and had a dog jump off a fricken cliff and try to nail me.......crazy cousin dogs!!!

Looks like crap weather for the track! If it is nice I will head out there to watch, got to keep the play funds open for the GAP in 3 weeks! Got a week of the Dragon!
i hate to see to what nice day looks like then, from weather.com notice saturday's forecast, i know its just a forecast but looking good

Tonight
Apr 15 Mostly Clear 53° 0 %
Wed
Apr 16 Partly Cloudy 77°/46° 0 %
Thu
Apr 17 Rain / Thunder 56°/42° 60 %
Fri
Apr 18 AM Showers 59°/42° 30 %
Sat
Apr 19 Mostly Cloudy 68°/49° 10 %
Sun
Apr 20 Scattered T-Storms 67°/50° 30 %
Mon
Apr 21 Scattered T-Storms 69°/45° 30 %
Tue
Apr 22 Showers 61°/43° 40 %
Wed
Apr 23 Mostly Cloudy 63°/43° 20 %
Thu
Apr 24 Mostly Cloudy 60°/42° 0 %

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saturday it is...I'm not too concerned about what it will end up costing, I just want to ride without worrying about tickets and gravel and other cars, etc.

If it was just the cost of a ticket I had to worry about, I wouldn't care. It's the cost of a lawyer, possible points accumulated on teh old record, and cost of insurance company coming down on me for a possible violation that I am concerned about, and that can amount to thousands of dollars and license suspensions, which I'm sure you all know already.

Most of the cost will be the initial "startup costs" of becoming a member of the club and taking the basic course. After that, it won't be too bad.

I remember after just doing that free NESBA day for beginners I felt so much more confident on the street...although all I did was pass every car I got behind and sped like a madman due to that confidence...I still gained it.

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't do the track day, it'll just make me more ballsy on the street!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The forecast tehy had yesterday and today are totally different!!! I do not depend on them for accurate predictions!!!! I hope it is good for you out there!!! I will be there to watch if it is.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I wish I could hit up the track this weekend. My dad seems okay with the idea of me taking the Viffer up for a track day this year, which is good b/c I almost hit a cow today. :eek: Damn back roads.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts