Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody's going for it, why don't you check out Team Pro-Motion's site. Schedule's up, $68 to join. First day in April. Prices are lower this year as well. $135 now, was $165. Anybody who wants to go, lets get together and review what it takes. It's really no big deal but a LOT of fun.

www.teampromotion.com

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I will be going a few times. I will have to look at the schedule again and see what works best.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i was talking with team promotion and for aditional $25 onto the track fee a nonmember can ride. if you decided to join, they'll use that 25 bones toward membership fee. pretty good deal if you ask me.

i plan on doing a couple this summer, oh its going to be an expensive summer, i can see it now, track days, CLASS Rides

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
crammer1977 said:
i was talking with team promotion and for aditional $25 onto the track fee a nonmember can ride. if you decided to join, they'll use that 25 bones toward membership fee. pretty good deal if you ask me.

i plan on doing a couple this summer, oh its going to be an expensive summer, i can see it now, track days, CLASS Rides,Peaceful Mind Spa,sex change and getting bike painted pink.

Jeremy,you need a second job,after the surgery,maybe you can work part-time at the spa. :moon:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Tea Bagger said:
crammer1977 said:

i plan on doing a couple this summer, oh its going to be an expensive summer, i can see it now, track days, CLASS Rides,Peaceful Mind Spa,sex change and getting bike painted pink.

Jeremy,you need a second job,after the surgery,maybe you can work part-time at the spa. :moon:
i wont have a problem rubbing down hot girls, so i'll leave the rest for you, a brother can't be gready.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
crammer1977 said:
hahaha, your right i didn't read it, why do you have to get me confused for Krlbe?
He doesn't "hang out"here enough to mess with.He has his own business,unlike we slackers,we slack others lose money,he slack he loses money.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i could have sworn somebody said track day.i had a weird feeling and then pow look what i found a post about track days.i may try to go to maybe 2 of them but i think i will be saving up for 2 trips to the gap instead.oh guss what one of my customers is an instructor for beaverun and asked if i would like to be one.what luck.oh well back to work got to get a drive train out of a corrado vr6 for a jr hop up.take it easy.

p.s. rich do you have to work saturday.if not give me a ring it is supposed to be 65 out though we may go for a ride.:D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KLRBE said:
oh guss what one of my customers is an instructor for beaverun and asked if i would like to be one.
Is it for bikes? What group does he run with? It would be cool to have a resident instructor.:thumb: :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
KLRBE said:
i could have sworn somebody said track day.i had a weird feeling and then pow look what i found a post about track days.i may try to go to maybe 2 of them but i think i will be saving up for 2 trips to the gap instead.oh guss what one of my customers is an instructor for beaverun and asked if i would like to be one.what luck.oh well back to work got to get a drive train out of a corrado vr6 for a jr hop up.take it easy.

p.s. rich do you have to work saturday.if not give me a ring it is supposed to be 65 out though we may go for a ride.:D
UMMM what is your actual track experience????? I am thinking I most of the instructors in the clubs would at least have the race license.

·
Registered
459 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
UMMM what is your actual track experience????? I am thinking I most of the instructors in the clubs would at least have the race license.
you should stop by my shop.i have more racing trophys hanging on the walls than you can count with you fingers and toes.
i used to race scca when i was 18 and at that time i was the youngest guy on the track.and the youngest guy to win a championship the 2nd year i raced.not to bad for an old guy.plus i still autocross from time to time and do track days at nelson ledges oh ya i did the one lape of america in 2000.:D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
KLRBE said:
you should stop by my shop.i have more racing trophys hanging on the walls than you can count with you fingers and toes.
i used to race scca when i was 18 and at that time i was the youngest guy on the track.and the youngest guy to win a championship the 2nd year i raced.not to bad for an old guy.plus i still autocross from time to time and do track days at nelson ledges oh ya i did the one lape of america in 2000.:D
Cool deal, did not know all that, you just go in sleeper mode when we all talk the shiz. You must be lurking and waiting to throw on the whoopin!!!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The original point of the post was to see if you guys wanted to get together to go over what the track requires, what you have to do, what you have to have, taping, mirror removal, etc. It's really not much but it just seemed to me that it would be good to go over ahead of time. It's nice to be able to show up at the track ready to ride and able to focus on that without worrying about the peripheral stuff. Some have already done this and could assist those who haven't. I find that in any discussion I always learn something. :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Dad said:
The original point of the post was to see if you guys wanted to get together to go over what the track requires, what you have to do, what you have to have, taping, mirror removal, etc. It's really not much but it just seemed to me that it would be good to go over ahead of time. It's nice to be able to show up at the track ready to ride and able to focus on that without worrying about the peripheral stuff. Some have already done this and could assist those who haven't. I find that in any discussion I always learn something. :)
Aye aye matey! What besides disconnecting and taping over the lights, mirror removal. Will we need to wire the filter and filler cap (oil) if we are not going advanced. Is promotion 80% tire or 90% tire. Regular coolant or water and water wetter?

·
Registered
459 Posts
duessel said:
Where is yo' shop at?
i am near sewickley on the red belt.i mostly do vw repair and performance.
as for the track day gtg it is a great idea to see waht you need and have to do.but also look at nesba .i dont think you have to take off your mirrors or disconect your lights.

i am also looking for 2 used 4.2 hp pocketbikes for my kids.so i can get them away from football and into a safer sport.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
KLRBE said:
i am near sewickley on the red belt.i mostly do vw repair and performance.
as for the track day gtg it is a great idea to see waht you need and have to do.but also look at nesba .i dont think you have to take off your mirrors or disconect your lights.

i am also looking for 2 used 4.2 hp pocketbikes for my kids.so i can get them away from football and into a safer sport.
Nesba is $30 more than running with TP and I think the over all feeling that was received by myself and I am sure others last yr. was that with TP they were more willing to help you out and had a better attitude all together. I kind of got the feeling from some of the people riding with NESBA, that they thought they were to damn good for some people!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts