Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were driving home from the beach house this afternoon and witnessed a bike accident. We were going west on I-94 and this guy on an old Honda Goldwing going in the eastbound lane lost control. All we saw was a bunch of bike parts flying and a huge cloud of dust. We stopped and pushed the Onstar Emergency button to call for help. Apparently the guy had just passed a car that was doing 75ish...so he was probably going around 85. The guy that the biker passed said that he was right in front of him when the bike started tank slapping. Then the bike just did a nose dive and the guy flew off. He was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, loafers and had a brain bucket on. He was an older guy...like late 50's. Let me tell you, this poor guy lost a lot of his face. The EMS said that he didn't seem to have any broken bones but he had road rash like mad. I was in the car with the kids, Clay was talking to the cops. I just happened to have my camera with me. I got a couple pics of the bike and the guy....but it's not pretty and didn't think posting them would be a good idea.
Here's a pic of his helmet.

I think the guy is pretty lucky ... everything considered. :(

Jen

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
motownflip said:
How did you get away with taking pics? Kinda weird. :confused:

I wasn't trying to be "weird":rolleyes: but (A) I couldn't leave the car because of the kids, (B) what would be "weird" would be to go over there just to gawk at him. There were already about 10 people standing over him. So, I have this nice digicam that zooms in like freakin a telescope and I shot the pics out the window from in the car. I've never seen an actual accident up close like that so of course I was a little curious. Anyway, e-mail sent.

Edit: By the way Simon, thanks again for the coffee table! Perfect size and color for the decor of the room!!

Jen

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
yamagirl said:
Thanks for emailing me the pictures :thumb: :thumb:
You and the 2 others in this thread have issues ;)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
03zx7r said:
I um would also like to examine these pics please. can you send them to me ? [email protected]

Thank you

Brian
E-mail sent.

You know, I just looked at the Fire Engine and on the side it says Richmond on it. I guess that's where we were....around exit 153 on I-94

Jen

1 - 19 of 19 Posts