Sportbike World banner

How do you feel about the new site banners on the right?

• Doesn't bother me.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Irritating, but overall no big deal.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I don't like them, really bothers me.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I hate them, makes me almost not want to use the site.

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
So long as the quality of this forum and the people on it remains, and short of death or banning, I don't think anything would completely drive me away, but damn I hate that banner on the right.

What I hate about it most is the constant downloading. I could probably learn to co-exist with it, except for that.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
at least it's not in the threads, only in sections and category's. Or is it? Might not be displaying correctly on my mozilla.

I find that the top or bottom to be more effective in terms of showing ads and not disturbing the quality of the website. That's what I've learned from my marketing webinares. You also have to think of the people who view this website still in 800x600 mode (1024x768 is average res now) so having an ad that takes up 160-170 pixels will really condense the display screen of the actual content of the website.

·
Registered
848 Posts
As a forum frequenter, I think that the banner on the side is obnoxious, but if it means I don't have to pay for a site subscription, I can suffer.

On a side note, my primary forum has ads even more obnoxious than the one we have on the right, and they offer the ability to pay for premium membership to be free of ads (and get other benefits like their very own private forum that is mostly unmoderated, as well as the ability to choose from several color schemes). Granted, the pay option is just perks, not necessary, but it's nice for those that can't take the ads, and are willing to fork over some cash in their place.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a 20" 1680x1050 LCD and its still irritating. Especially the ads that blink and flash "YOUR A LUCKY WINN3R!!111!!1! LOLOL kthxbye"

Those ads can go to hell.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I guess we will have to accept said adds, but 10 or 20 minutes ago I was about to type out a reply only it crawled------obviously it is making it hard to put a Thread or Post/reply.

Like my 10 or 20 minutes was wasted for after dumping & trying over again then the lower right one seemed to have been taking up its time. This could make the thread a pain to get on I will agree with some others on that for there are other m/c boards & I am on two of them & could drop this one for a replacement.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
DocThee said:
LOL...it was kinda funny.:twofinger
What's really funny is that there's only 180 hits here, but 416 hits in the Redline forum....
Most of the hits in the Redline forum are higher than the Daily Rider National/Global, whatever...Forum.
Cept the ones here that are a month old.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Banners? I don't see any banners ;)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I guess that is part of life if you are blink kanwisch. Still all kidding aside I would not mind it all the advertising & jump up crap was on the left for I am almost totally blind in the left with only a struggeling right eye to see things.

It is crasy for dept of preception is screwed up, night riding is a NO-NO, any fog & I am finished. Plus on some of the Mtn roads I have to look more seriously at said traffic comming towards me when in fact it could be two road signs on the left but spaced some short distand apart from each other though close to the shoulder of the road.

There is one on the west side of Hwy #3 as road starts to go into a bend to the left & drop of where a LOT of rubber has been left by trucks & all for so many assume said sign off to the right of the road, can make many feel they are about to meet head-on with an 18 wheeler. Freaky feeling I must admit & I am not the one leaving rubber for all I did, first two times was ease off the throttle & go down a cog.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts

·
Administrator
657 Posts
Smitty said:
I guess we will have to accept said adds, but 10 or 20 minutes ago I was about to type out a reply only it crawled------obviously it is making it hard to put a Thread or Post/reply.

Like my 10 or 20 minutes was wasted for after dumping & trying over again then the lower right one seemed to have been taking up its time. This could make the thread a pain to get on I will agree with some others on that for there are other m/c boards & I am on two of them & could drop this one for a replacement.

Just might be an internet hiccup. With the NEW servers we are on, I think evrything is faster. Have you noticed that?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I'm now running Firefox and Adblock, as per mkeeney's suggestion.

Problem solved, except for one thing that I've noticed; The box for typing posts has halved in width. Anyone know why???

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
So..........

The blond chick with the nice yap and wife beater tank top with the SBW logo....

In the side banner....

Are you hitting that?

:)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
They're annoying, yes. But you gotta pay the bills somehow.

·
Administrator
657 Posts
Duner said:
So..........

The blond chick with the nice yap and wife beater tank top with the SBW logo....

In the side banner....

Are you hitting that?

:)
Wish!
That is Laura. She is a professional athlete - best sport being hockey! She also did some TV stuff. Check out a small gallery of her pics
HERE

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
sportbikes said:
Wish!
That is Laura. She is a professional athlete - best sport being hockey! She also did some TV stuff. Check out a small gallery of her pics
HERE

Oh great, here come the leg humpers :rolleyes:

:D

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Jester said:
Oh great, here come the leg humpers :rolleyes:

:D
ahh poor baby is afraid of a lil competition :twofinger

E.
btw banner is fine with me... half the time don't even notice it cuz it's too far off the screen to see it anyways unless I scrolled that a way... (gotta pay the bills somehow without askin for subscription fees)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts