Sportbike World banner

Baltimore area?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SockMonkey 
#1 ·
HI new to Baltimore i know its almost time to put the bikes away :( any riding still going on it is a great weekend though!!!!!

#2 ·
from central PA here myself, only been to BAL. once when i was younger and not on the bike. You get a chance the baltimore aquarium is pretty cool. had bike out tonight in 40 degree weather. Ill definilty be depressed all winter w/o riding :( . Should maybe meet up in spring/summer sometime and ride!

#5 · (Edited)
katkhmer said:
I'm in Pasadena. Not much riding in the immediate area. Got any good routes?
I'm in the southern tip of Glen Burnie... right off of Solley Road and Mountain.

There aren't many real exciting routes around Pasadena because we're near so much water and so close to sea level. Try heading out Rt. 100 west towards Columbia. If you take 100 to 95 south, hop on 32 west and out towards Sykesville. 32 changes from a major highway to a 2 lane road that starts to wind through the hills around Clarksville and Sykesville. It can be a really nice ride on a sunny day. Before you get to Sykesville, you'll pass under I-70. You can hop on that after you get enough of 32 and it will bring you to 29s towards Columbia. Taking 29 north will give you a little more 2 lane windy road action, but I'm not that familiar with up there. Or, you can stay on I-70 and it will take you to I-695 in Woodlawn.

Just a suggestion. I used to ride this route a few years back. Then I sold my bike. Got a new R1 two weeks ago and will be riding out that way again more once the Weather gets a little nicer around here.

#7 ·
Head to Annapolis one sunny Saturday or Sunday. You'll have to deal with a lot of traffic, but there's a lot of bikes down there. Down at the parking near the docks they have 2 rows of special motorcycle only parking. Lots of sportbikes there.

I usually go riding with a AA County cop buddy of mine. Last weekend we headed down to Annapolis on Saturday afternoon. On the way back we shot up 50 to 97 and hit about 130 on the way. First time I had a chance to open up my R1... what a blast. It was me, my cop friend on a Kawi ZX-11, a co-worker on his Gixxer 600 and his cousin/roomate on a Gixxer 1000. Fun times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.