Sportbike World banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i tried but all the loose gravel on the shoulder made it hard to keep the wheel from sliding. and i wasnt a 100% sure that i could jump it from the car so i didn't want to chance and being a newbie i completley spaced about the reserve till it was too late. i learned my lesson from that dumb mistake though. there was one guy and gal that stoped to see if i needed help but besides that a lot of laughing and people yelling you're supposed to ride it

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry about your luck but you do have to look at the bright side. Running out of gas is much better then laying the bike down! Only your pide gets hurt a little not you.:twofinger

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Yeah dude...sorry about your luck. A few things to learn from this...1) know your mileage on a tank of gas. 2) Check your fuel levels before every ride. You can open up the fuel cap, peak down in the tank, you can give the bike a subtle rocking to see where the fuel is, that usually is a good indicator 3) you MAY be able to bump start your bike and 4) Those of us who have trucks and ramps are willing to help.

Call me anytime...Anthony (586) 612-9200. I am more than happy to help out. I've met you before on the first ride this year.

All the more reason to become a member and to see our phone numbers on the back of the membership card. :twofinger

21 - 23 of 23 Posts