Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today just went form bad to worse. i forgot to fill my bike up with gass so of course i ran out on 696. then my wife came by with the gass can and my battery died trying to turn it over. needless to say i had to push my bike 2 and a half miles today to get it home. man i need to buy a truck.

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
What you really need to do is find somoene in the warren area like ummm chuck, and give him a call and see if he has a 1/2 hr to come and pick you up in his truck. Or anyone else in the area. Thats what friends are for.

-Nick

·
Registered
966 Posts
cookeetree said:
They did. It's called an odometer. :rolleyes:
Just what I was thinking. Even with a gas gauge and a reserve petcock I always reset my trip meter when I fill up. That way you get a good idea of how far you can go when you are out in the middle of nowhere (or on 696)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Hey, I think I saw you. I was going West on 696 around 2-ish maybe? ...were you wearing a neon green T-shirt and bandana? I saw someone dressed like that pushing a bike up off ramp.

We should have some numbers handy for members (and friends) who are caught out in different places. If you're in Lake Orion, call this number...if you're in Warren, call this person...when you break down in Sterling Heights try this person....well anyway, just a thought. Keep a list under your back seat or something. :)

Jen

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Nice one Jen...way to toss yourself under the bus. You drove by a biker pushing his bike alongside 696 and did nothing to help? Sorry, but that will come back to haunt you some day.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Judge said:
Nice one Jen...way to toss yourself under the bus. You drove by a biker pushing his bike alongside 696 and did nothing to help? Sorry, but that will come back to haunt you some day.

I don't know why I feel the need to explain this...but what was I supposed to do, have a 5, 4, and 3 year old help me push? I've stopped MANY times when I've been on my bike...once it was to help a fellow biker pick the contents of his wallet that scattered along I-75 at 2am. I doubt this will come back to 'haunt me' but thanks for the concern.

Jen

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
I don't know why I feel the need to explain this...but what was I supposed to do, have a 5, 4, and 3 year old help me push? I've stopped MANY times when I've been on my bike...once it was to help a fellow biker pick the contents of his wallet that scattered along I-75 at 2am. I doubt this will come back to 'haunt me' but thanks for the concern.
Jen
Atta girl - don't take any shit :laughing:

J

·
0 Posts
Man, that sucks... Considering I have a truck and live just a few blocks away..

I'll PM you my cell....

·
Registered
49 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:

We should have some numbers handy for members (and friends) who are caught out in different places. If you're in Lake Orion, call this number...if you're in Warren, call this person...when you break down in Sterling Heights try this person....well anyway, just a thought. Keep a list under your back seat or something. :)

Jen
Hey Chuck!

I thought you had made something up like this a while back. Perhaps it needs to be updated annually? (not that I'm in the club, want you to spend yet more time on redline stuff, or want to have to cut a meal short because you got an emergency call on the bat phone, BUT since everyone is so accomadating and helpful for you...I guess I can't really mind. :D )

·
Registered
267 Posts
bubba_d_duck said:
today just went form bad to worse. i forgot to fill my bike up with gass so of course i ran out on 696. then my wife came by with the gass can and my battery died trying to turn it over. needless to say i had to push my bike 2 and a half miles today to get it home. man i need to buy a truck.
Students always laugh when I tell them that pushing sux....and the bigger the bike, the more it sux....sorry about your luck....

Justin

·
Registered
316 Posts
Did it ever occur that you may have been able to jump start your bike. ;)
next time this happen which I am sure it wont not after that experience.

try putting the bike in first gear pulling the clitch in have someone push you and then pop the clutch. She will start right up after two or 3 tries :rolleyes: if your lucky but it beats pushing:D

or if that fails you can always jump it from a car battery just don't keep those jumper cables on there to long both methods have been tried and tested sucessfully by me :)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
DeeDee said:
Hey Chuck!

I thought you had made something up like this a while back. Perhaps it needs to be updated annually? (not that I'm in the club, want you to spend yet more time on redline stuff, or want to have to cut a meal short because you got an emergency call on the bat phone, BUT since everyone is so accomadating and helpful for you...I guess I can't really mind. :D )
There is it is on the back of your redline superbike member ID card

·
Registered
963 Posts
marvlover said:
Did it ever occur that you may have been able to jump start your bike. ;)
next time this happen which I am sure it wont not after that experience.

try putting the bike in first gear pulling the clitch in have someone push you and then pop the clutch. She will start right up after two or 3 tries :rolleyes: if your lucky but it beats pushing:D

or if that fails you can always jump it from a car battery just don't keep those jumper cables on there to long both methods have been tried and tested sucessfully by me :)

+1

·
Registered
185 Posts
Should have been able to switch to reserve before it even stoped running.

By the way when bump starting a bike gears higher than first are less likely to lock up the tire, don't go too high though or you'll have to be running to start it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
bubba_d_duck said:
I`m to lazy to read both pages, but why didn`t you push start it????????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts