Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
In case anyone is looking to get something coated, drop me message and I will get back to you asap.

:thumbs2:
ken, could i just pull the wheels off my ktm - i'd like the rims black. post or pm with a price after ya think about it.
maybe a front sprocket & waterpump cover in orange too... :eyebrows:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my stock rear sets (no heel guards), shifter rod, stock pass pegs.

any idea on a price and turn around.

thanks
dave

and maby, just maby my swingarm.
To get you a rough idea... since I would like to see it all first.
With it all disassembled, $50.

Swingarm... what kind of bike and year? Average is $75-$100.

I need about a week to get a new job started. Taking care of a set of wheels and also a pair of car valve covers at the moment.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ken, could i just pull the wheels off my ktm - i'd like the rims black. post or pm with a price after ya think about it.
maybe a front sprocket & waterpump cover in orange too... :eyebrows:
You would need to have the tires removed also. Those are spoke wheels, correct? Are you wanting me to just coat them all together, spokes and all?

Sprocket cover and water pump cover, roughly $10-$20 a piece depending on condition and powder price. I would like to get a junk KTM part to send off and get color matched one of these days.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Unless I am wrong the wheels should be with the bearings removed, & same with the s/arm with no bushings. We had one chap demanding us to send his wheels off to be CHROMED & once back we had to use a dramel tool so we coudl get the brgs in. He told us, later on, that this was a BAD MISTAKE for he was forced to carry a cloth so he could keep the wheels clean. Obviously Powder Coating would have been better.

Also he scratched the idea of the swing arm to be chromed a bit later on!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless I am wrong the wheels should be with the bearings removed, & same with the s/arm with no bushings. We had one chap demanding us to send his wheels off to be CHROMED & once back we had to use a dramel tool so we coudl get the brgs in. He told us, later on, that this was a BAD MISTAKE for he was forced to carry a cloth so he could keep the wheels clean. Obviously Powder Coating would have been better.

Also he scratched the idea of the swing arm to be chromed a bit later on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, bearings/bushings should be removed also from all parts. Some people say this isnt true, but for the cost of new bearings, it just doesnt make sense to me at all to take the chance. Wheels I will not do with bearings in them. I always mask all bearing/machined surfaces.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
You would need to have the tires removed also. Those are spoke wheels, correct? Are you wanting me to just coat them all together, spokes and all?

Sprocket cover and water pump cover, roughly $10-$20 a piece depending on condition and powder price. I would like to get a junk KTM part to send off and get color matched one of these days.
i am WAY to lazy to take the spokes out - do you do any of that? :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am WAY to lazy to take the spokes out - do you do any of that? :D
I will take it apart... but you are on your own to put it back together.:D

Best way is to coat all the parts separate, obviously. But, coating it together is an option. Just hope you dont have to straighten the rim after its coated.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I will take it apart... but you are on your own to put it back together.:D

Best way is to coat all the parts separate, obviously. But, coating it together is an option. Just hope you dont have to straighten the rim after its coated.
ya there's no way i would get it coated laced up, i just HATE re-lacing rims...

getting my fork tubes was something else i was thinking about...:D

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I'm bored..

Insert "James loves carbon fiber" jokes here.
:);)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
hey, theres nothing wrong with carbon fiber. i might be swapping m my current kit for a full carbon/kevlar kit. just waiting for this guy to agree on my selling price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts