Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unusual highs in the 70's this past week made me go out and get the bike registered for the street again... I swear, it's like I'm in Australia or something... Friends kept on teasing me for not riding in this nice weather. Watch, when I get the plate tomorrow, it's gonna snow for 3 months straight... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hate you both....

My riding season is in theory all year round, but theres good reason many stop around this time.

I was out riding about two days ago, left the house around 5:30am on a Wednesday(no better way to start the day). It was probably around 40 degrees when I left. Got out to some local twisties and before I knew it the temperature dropped to just above freezing. I was wiping big chunks of frost off my visor caused by the patches of fog... I dream of 70 degree weather again...hell I'll settle for the 50's.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: back on the street

cookeetree said:
Nah, mate, it's been in the 90's here. :cool:
Yeah... I know. I'm just saying we are hitting record breaking temperature highs this past two weeks. Feels like summer during winter months... The same kind of "down under" seasons as Australia youz knowz.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
poppincaps88 said:
I was out riding about two days ago, left the house around 5:30am on a Wednesday(no better way to start the day). It was probably around 40 degrees when I left. Got out to some local twisties and before I knew it the temperature dropped to just above freezing. I was wiping big chunks of frost off my visor caused by the patches of fog... I dream of 70 degree weather again...hell I'll settle for the 50's.
I love early morning riding before the daily driver traffic comes in, but only during the summer when there's sunlight.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Speaking as an EXPERIENCED Western Cdn., when it comes to weather something we never do is gamble with the weather because we are born loosers. Let us face it gambling can often ruin many people.

We also tend to do stupid things like insuring the bike on the wrong time. Like here in B.C., Cdn because of the freaky weather conditions they have a system of you can insure a bike for as little as three months or four or five or six to even a full 12 months. Now the BEST deal (money wise) is the full 12 months by m/c riders have a much shorter life each season. Also you cannot get your up to date LP or LP sticker unless you insure the bike or cage & that is needed to drive/ride for said months the bikes or cage is licensed------this is a socalized insurance system run by the B.C, Govt SLANGED "ICBCI" because it is called Insuranace Corp of B.C. so the slang bit ads on the extra "I".

I try to be bright & insure the cage full 12 months, but the bikes are sort of the Yamaha 600R first for around October, then the 929 for again in October while the Honda 954 is last & so a longer run into October. Bloody costly you know.

In '06 bv error I registered the 954 till September instead of October. Last year in excitement to get out the 929 & 954 I registered them at the same date so that come Oct 15th both ran out of insurance.

Obviously trying to gamble with weather we really do stupid things I fully admit & am living proof of such errors.

·
Registered
227 Posts
kanwisch said:
I love early morning riding before the daily driver traffic comes in, but only during the summer when there's sunlight.
Yeah definitely. The twisties are just that much better in the mornings and especially in the middle of the week. I rarely ride for fun on weekends anymore. Too many squids and sight seers.

Nothing quite like coming back from a ride and not being able to remember one turn where you're stuck behind some RV or a guy on a gscbr1kawuki1000 parking it in every corner. :cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm just down the road from Raleigh and its been unbelievable here. I got to pull out the summer jacket and gloves, and take the duct tape off the vents in my helmet...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, was 76 today! absolutely beautiful. The DMV woman told me good luck on the weather. I just responded. "If it rains for the next two weeks, it's probably because of me tagging the bike."

·
Registered
24 Posts
all the more reason to get some good rain gear:thumb: My old roomate stays off of saunders st. and he told me its been like summer there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
^ Rain gear is definitely going to be my next investment after a 1 piece suit. Riding in the rain is just too much fun to have a slight case of hypothermia or the flu stop the fun. :cool:

Edit: Because "to" \= "too" :eek:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Re: Re: Re: back on the street

JBaz said:
Yeah... I know. I'm just saying we are hitting record breaking temperature highs this past two weeks. Feels like summer during winter months... The same kind of "down under" seasons as Australia youz knowz.
Oh, I realise where you were coming from, I was just rubbing it in how warm it is down here at the moment. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
poppincaps88 said:
Riding in the rain is just too much fun to have a slight case of hypothermia the flu stop the fun. :cool:

I remember coming across the Bay bridge on a cold, rainy Friday evening rush hour...I wasn't having any fun at all!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rundog said:
I remember coming across the Bay bridge on a cold, rainy Friday evening rush hour...I wasn't having any fun at all!
Haha I said RIDING in the rain is fun...COMMUTING is just horrible no matter what the weather...especially across that god forsaken bridge....:cussing;

1 - 15 of 15 Posts