Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with 3 other SBW members and spent 4 days riding the Gap and surrounding areas. It was another excellent trip. You can check out the pictures here.

We stopped to gas up and found a dog that loves bikes. He would place his tennis ball somewhere on your bike and wait for you to throw it for him. Everyone liked it, except maybe the guy on the Harley who promptly wiped the dog slobber off of his chrome. :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Where is Deals Gap? I hear about it all of the time, but have yet to find out where it is. From what I hear, it's just about he most fun you can have with your clothes on.......

Whad'ya think?:confused:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knight of Ni said:
Where is Deals Gap? I hear about it all of the time, but have yet to find out where it is. From what I hear, it's just about he most fun you can have with your clothes on.......

Whad'ya think?:confused:
I think that's right. :D

The Gap itself is located along the Tennessee/North Carolina border, but Jon is right there a bunch of roads in the area that are excellent.

You can find more information here http://www.tailofthedragon.com

·
Registered
115 Posts
Repaving Deals Gap?

Nice pics. That's one cool pup. Anyways, my question. I heard that they're repaving the roads at Deals Gap. That true? And is it going to be essentially closed for the summer? I was planning a trip up there with some friends, but now I may have to wait til the fall.

Thanks,

O.P.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Repaving Deals Gap?

Omega_Purp said:
Nice pics. That's one cool pup. Anyways, my question. I heard that they're repaving the roads at Deals Gap. That true? And is it going to be essentially closed for the summer? I was planning a trip up there with some friends, but now I may have to wait til the fall.

Thanks,

O.P.
Check http://www.tailofthedragon.com for the latest info. on the repaving.

Here is the latest info.

UPDATE ON REPAVING : The repaving scheduled for June 3 will not interfere with Honda Hoot riders. Work will be suspended if it still in progress for those days of Hoot. It will take 2-3 weeks and one lane will be closed as the paving is done. No work is to be done on week-ends and both lanes should be open.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The whole area up there is great! I just returned from a trip to eastern Tenn., and the roads up there make a Florida boy drool all over himself! I went across the mountain from Elizabethton to Mountain City (alas, in my car) and was so impressed that I considered buying a used bike to leave at my Granny's house!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Bridal Veil Falls is pretty cool; I've got similar pics. ;)

The bottom pictures (waterfall): Are those out in the forest kinda southwest from the Gap?

Glad you had a good trip! :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tigerblade said:
Bridal Veil Falls is pretty cool; I've got similar pics. ;)

The bottom pictures (waterfall): Are those out in the forest kinda southwest from the Gap?

Glad you had a good trip! :D
Yep, they are just off the Cherohala Skyway. I think they are Bald River Falls?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts