Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so those of you that live here experienced the blistering 110 we had the last 2 days. It was so bad i wore nothing but a tshirt and shorts to the gym. (bad mike BAD). On the otherhand, i was still sweatier than a 3$ hooker ona friday night.

My question is this,

What are all you AZ guys doing to be able to ride for more than 10 minutes in the summer? Any tricks?

thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup not looking forward to that at all!

sidewaysducati said:
Wait till we get to the 115-120 range.

Now that's a hoot and a holler.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The trick I learned after 5 years of riding was to buy a car with AC and leave the bike in the garage. :D

I definately support riding with your gear no matter how hot it is. The gear will make you sweat, but once you get rolling again it's nice and cool (like a swamp cooler). Drink lots of water, try to make travel times when traffic is low or the temp is cooler, and most important... WEAR YOUR GEAR! The pavement is just as hot or hotter.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I couldnt even crack my visor the last two days (110+) because of the heat. I think it's better to have no air blowing on you than no gear, or mesh jackets. I tried the 'soak your shirt in water before you put on the leather jacket', and that only felt good for about 5 minutes before it was the same hot-ass temp. Im more worried about people seeing my swamp ass than sweating under my leather jacket.

·
Registered
40 Posts
mmackinnon said:
Ok, so those of you that live here experienced the blistering 110 we had the last 2 days. It was so bad i wore nothing but a tshirt and shorts to the gym. (bad mike BAD). On the otherhand, i was still sweatier than a 3$ hooker ona friday night.

My question is this,

What are all you AZ guys doing to be able to ride for more than 10 minutes in the summer? Any tricks?

thanks!
I ride in full gear with back and chest protector all summer long. i commute to work 25 miles one way.

I love the heat.

Hotter the better. SUre better than new england cold ice and snow and I can ride year round!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I try to ride alot of the back roads especially near farm fields because the air temperature is significantly cooler.

Last August I bought me first bike and started riding. It was right in the middle of 120 degree heat. Really wasn't too bad. I thought it would be much worse. The only thing I really don't care much for is the blast furnace of heat in my face as I streak down the highway.

But it beats the crap outta driving a car in the same heat. SO I gear up and go. :D

Was trying to figure out how to put a swamp cooler in my helmet.... any ideas wise asses?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Truamattic said:
I try to ride alot of the back roads especially near farm fields because the air temperature is significantly cooler.

Last August I bought me first bike and started riding. It was right in the middle of 120 degree heat. Really wasn't too bad. I thought it would be much worse. The only thing I really don't care much for is the blast furnace of heat in my face as I streak down the highway.

But it beats the crap outta driving a car in the same heat. SO I gear up and go. :D

Was trying to figure out how to put a swamp cooler in my helmet.... any ideas wise asses?
your head is too god damn big for a swamp cooler :twofinger

·
Registered
49 Posts
I usually just ride in the early morning (although I hate getting up early) or at night. Other than that, I'm in the cage most of the time during the summer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Triker said:
your head is too god damn big for a swamp cooler :twofinger
What a jerk. I bet you get kicked off boards all the time eh?:twofinger

How bout some help with my son's pocketbike. It's leaking what looks like oil but from a seam in the exhaust about two inches from the engine. Any clue why?

I still don't know shit about engines.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Truamattic said:
What a jerk. I bet you get kicked off boards all the time eh?:twofinger

How bout some help with my son's pocketbike. It's leaking what looks like oil but from a seam in the exhaust about two inches from the engine. Any clue why?

I still don't know shit about engines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Truamattic said:
It's leaking what looks like oil but from a seam in the exhaust about two inches from the engine. Any clue why?

is it a seam or a crack?is it where the exh meets an exh flange?usually with a 2 stroke oil leaks from the exh side when you either mix the oil/gas ratio to rich and/or you don't use the engine hard enough.oil is more viscous than gas so the gas burns in the cylinder first and if the engine is cold then you can start to get a build up of oil which will find the easiest way out.

if i had to give advice,i'd say let the bike warm up fully before you ride it....chances are the 'leak' will diminish if not totally go away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Prowler said:
is it a seam or a crack?is it where the exh meets an exh flange?usually with a 2 stroke oil leaks from the exh side when you either mix the oil/gas ratio to rich and/or you don't use the engine hard enough.oil is more viscous than gas so the gas burns in the cylinder first and if the engine is cold then you can start to get a build up of oil which will find the easiest way out.

if i had to give advice,i'd say let the bike warm up fully before you ride it....chances are the 'leak' will diminish if not totally go away.
Your absolutely right. Thank you for the help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts