Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering..

About how many miles per year do you think the average rider puts on his/her bike?

Maybe anywhere from 2,000 to 5,000 perhaps?

:confused:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't know about the average rider, but last year I put 11k on my bike, this year so far i've got about 15k. I'll probably continue to commute till the end of this month, then just nice day's until thanks giving or so.

·
Registered
264 Posts
slick1537 said:
Ya some dude tried to tell me 10500 on my 1994 was high milage... go figure :rolleyes:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

39,000 here. When I got the bike in April of 2004, it had 13,000 on it.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
ESanders2 said:
Just wondering..

About how many miles per year do you think the average rider puts on his/her bike?

Maybe anywhere from 2,000 to 5,000 perhaps?

:confused:
That's about my case up here in the semi-North.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I averaged about 4k a year. Now that I have a son I would say I only put about 2500 to 3000. The weather here in North Dakota can really suck but this weekend is suppose to be nice:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
In the far north of Michigan I've put 4000 on mine since purchasing it in late April. I won't be putting any more miles on it since the season up here is coming to a quick end.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've put about 7,000 miles on my bike since I got it at the first of this year. Though most of the bikes I see around here don't have to many miles on them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've put about 4K since I bought my bike earlier in the year(April or May). I wish I did more miles, but I can't use it for work, so it's pretty much a weekend warrior.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Hrm....apparently it depends more on the bike for me than weather. While living in Cali when we had the XX and F4 I was riding about 3000 miles a month. No, that wasn't a typo. Now that we're down to just the Buell it's more like a few hundred a year. Man we need a new bike...

·
Registered
43 Posts
My first year with a real bike, picked it up mid-June and I have 8500 km so far. Maybe I should park it, sounds like I'm running up the mileage...bad for resale:p
We have snow here now though so this weekend might be the last ride if the forecast is right and it's nice out.

*edit* I'm curious to see Smitty's number, sounds like he never gets out of the saddle!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts