Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i'm looking to buy a used bike and it seems the market is FLOODED with used bikes with very low mileage.

it makes me feel like any bike, regardless of year, with more than 10,000 miles is a junk. :(

i recently found a '99 Ninja 6 with 17,000 miles. the bike looks like
in mint condition, but after looking at other bikes (different make) with so low mileage, i dont really feel like buying it. if it had only 9,000 miles, i wouldn't hesitate. hehe.

so my question is, what the average mileage for a year? is 6,000 miles per year a reasonable mileage?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Annual mileage will vary all over the map. Most sportbikes are probably only ridden 4-5000 miles per year. Depends on where you live. In SoCal, more miles would be expected since the riding season is essentially year-round. I put 16,000 miles on my SV in 2 years and it's still in mint condition with a complete service history. If the bike has been properly maintained and not abused, 15-20,000 miles in 2-3 years isn't a problem. On the other hand, lots of people buy a bike and ride it 2000 miles in a year and a half then decide to sell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts