Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling on to RT3 in Augusta today (left turn), I was stuck behind a car that was pulling VERY slowly onto the road. It just so happens that where we were pulling out was in a passing zone, so I made the decision to pass the car. The next thing I know, the car is driven UP my ass. He would not back off, despite my signals for him to do so. I thought for sure that today was the day I was going to die. Everytime I pulled near the breakdown lane, the car would follow. It was obvious that if I had tried to stop or let him pass, I would have been run over. So, I did what seemed like the most reasonable option to get myself out of this situation. I kicked it up to about 70. When we caught up to traffic, he was still right on my ass, so I passed the first car in front of me and slowed down to the speed of traffic. There was some oncomming traffic, so the car couldnt follow. When we hit the stop light, this guy was hanging half way out the window screaming at me and flipping me off...

Be carefull guys... this is by far the most dangerous driver I have had to share the road with in my entire time of riding. I thought for sure I was going to be dead today.

the car was a Red Hyundai Tiberon. License was Maine 9721 IN.

·
Registered
675 Posts
this sounds strangly familiar.... wheelie 123 and I were in portand and had a car matching the description you gave (don't remember the plate) screwing with us. Fortunately it was late in the evening and the roads were empty. We really pissed him off when we both cranked wheelies by him. Fortunately he couldn't catch a pair of zx9's.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mainerdr said:
this sounds strangly familiar.... wheelie 123 and I were in portand and had a car matching the description you gave (don't remember the plate) screwing with us. Fortunately it was late in the evening and the roads were empty. We really pissed him off when we both cranked wheelies by him. Fortunately he couldn't catch a pair of zx9's.

I was thinking about ditching him... but this was around 12:30PM, and the roads were packed. I didnt want to push it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts