Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to take my duc for a walk. Just thought you might want to know :twofinger

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZX6R1033 said:
I would rub it in every chance I got. Owning one gives you that right, you know.
Just taking your advice bro

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'm back now. Wanna know how much fun I had?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, I'll have to add that one to my collection.

In other news, I realized it's going to take some warmer temps to work the chicken strips off those tires. Faster through the turns than the gixxer, but still doesn't lean as much. Damn. It feels like the same transition I went through moving from the CBR to the Gixxer. It's like an extension of my mind, turning without physical input. It just goes where I want it to with no hesitation whatsoever. I crave track time.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Nice, I'll have to add that one to my collection.

In other news, I realized it's going to take some warmer temps to work the chicken strips off those tires. Faster through the turns than the gixxer, but still doesn't lean as much. Damn. It feels like the same transition I went through moving from the CBR to the Gixxer. It's like an extension of my mind, turning without physical input. It just goes where I want it to with no hesitation whatsoever. I crave track time.
lol. I've never been to a track.

It's funny that you mention how much farther the Gixxer leans... When my bike was down due to the Civic mod to the fairings, I had the chance to borrow a friends 02 Gixxer for a week. It seemed like that bike went down twice as far as mine did to make the same corners, and high speed corners... I mean... Speedlimit corners were nowhere near as smooth. I thought it was his bike, but now you have me wondering.

Stepping off my bike and on to his, the gixxer seemed to be running on only 3 cylinders, too. :dunno: I think 02 Gixxers were still low on the HP spectrum, though.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Oh yeah, PS... I have a few smileys kicking around one of my 300gig HDs. If I can actually figure out where I put the folder, I will throw some more up. I also have random pictures, too. But then again... doesn't everyone?

I think I've posted this one on here before, but one of my personal favorites...

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol. I've never been to a track.
Neither have I unless you count the time I took a motard on a local go-kart track. I'm planning on doing at least 1 track day this summer at Mid-Ohio. Maybe try to get into one of the classes that they have there too. Get a trailer and drag your ass down here, you know you want to be there when I scatter pieces of Duc all over the place.

It's funny that you mention how much farther the Gixxer leans... When my bike was down due to the Civic mod to the fairings, I had the chance to borrow a friends 02 Gixxer for a week. It seemed like that bike went down twice as far as mine did to make the same corners, and high speed corners... I mean... Speedlimit corners were nowhere near as smooth. I thought it was his bike, but now you have me wondering.

Stepping off my bike and on to his, the gixxer seemed to be running on only 3 cylinders, too. :dunno: I think 02 Gixxers were still low on the HP spectrum, though.
It might be that I just push the Gixxer harder. Until the Duc I always thought it was light and nimble, and I didn't have a problem throwing it into the turns. If I'm riding with friends and I'm not in the lead, they know to get out of the way if we're approaching twisties cause I'm coming through.

As far as power, I have never felt like it was lacking, but I'm sure they found a significant amount between '02 and '05.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Neither have I unless you count the time I took a motard on a local go-kart track. I'm planning on doing at least 1 track day this summer at Mid-Ohio. Maybe try to get into one of the classes that they have there too. Get a trailer and drag your ass down here, you know you want to be there when I scatter pieces of Duc all over the place.
You'll have a blast. I wish I lived closer to Mid-Ohio. You'll post a track report too, right?

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Oh yeah, PS... I have a few smileys kicking around one of my 300gig HDs. If I can actually figure out where I put the folder, I will throw some more up.
Google Desktop 1.0 is your friend ;)

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll have a blast. I wish I lived closer to Mid-Ohio. You'll post a track report too, right?
Definitely. I plan on having somebody else there to take pics and all that good stuff. I'm not sure what tracks are over your way, but I'm looking for some reasonably priced track days wherever I can get 'em so let me know if you hear about anything.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
hahah Good stuff! I had to save some of those to my collection. Actually, I saved most of them. :D

Sometimes the smileys around here just don't convey what you want them to. :laughing:

By The Way... I guess my Photoshop skills meet with your approval, ehh? I noticed a couple of pictures popping up with my scent on them. :D:D

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts