Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This symbol :twofinger denotes that the poster is being sarcastic and is not intending to offend. Consider it as much a term of endearment as this symbol :love:.

Also, the members of this forum are truly concerned for the safety of all riders, new and old.

As such, new members who ask questions about buying (or inform other members of their purchase of) larger displacement bikes, especially race replicas, can expect feedback that may conflict with their opinion.

This feedback is intended to inform new members of the dangers associated with learning to ride on such bikes and is, once again, not intended to offend.

Finally, if new members are going to "talk the talk", they should ensure that they are correctly informed. Bullsh*t stinks and can be smelled from a mile away.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Cookeetree (Jason) :twofinger

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Great post Cookee.

If I may be so bold, allow me to add this:
Please read the stickies in the New Members and New Riders sections. 90 percent of questions asked by new riders are covered in the stickies. There's great info in there from riders with decades of experience.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sidewaysducati said:
Great post Cookee.

If I may be so bold, allow me to add this:
Please read the stickies in the New Members and New Riders sections. 90 percent of questions asked by new riders are covered in the stickies. There's great info in there from riders with decades of experience.
Thanks... and thanks for the extra info. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
What about the veteran's of the site that think a newbie on a 600c.c. bike is ok?

Alot of the scare tactics used by some are too much. Some are scaring these people into thinking it will definitely happen to them if they do not take their advice. You cannot ride properly and react properly when all this fear is in your mind. It kills confidence. Practice, Practice, Practice and be confident when riding and people should be fine.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
duessel said:
What about the veteran's of the site that think a newbie on a 600c.c. bike is ok?

Alot of the scare tactics used by some are too much. Some are scaring these people into thinking it will definitely happen to them if they do not take their advice. You cannot ride properly and react properly when all this fear is in your mind. It kills confidence. Practice, Practice, Practice and be confident when riding and people should be fine.
+1

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I concentrated on those few points because, IMO, they have been the sources of a bit of conflict on the board lately.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the advise! I will try to keep the BS to a minimum:)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
duessel said:

Like your opinion about anything really matters! Freak! :finger: Oops, I meant :twofinger Sorry, I'm new here! :mad: Uh, :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
FUCK THIS... this post is fuckin' retarded!!:twofinger :burnout:

oh, and for all you noobs out there that know what you're doing, go out a buy a Busa! It's actually a GREAT starter bike!!! just be sure you have the sleeveless shirt and the pussy cargo pants you fratboys seem to love. Don't worry about the helmet either, it just causes wind drag. :D :twofinger

(and to hell with collision insurance.. you won't need it!!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts