Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...

this is what i've been asking in the newb forum http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sh...threadid=111932

so, my question to you guys is...what reputable dealers/small shops or perhaps individuals should i look to when i go to purchase my next bike? idealy i would like to go shopping in april/may, but could have the cash by march...looking into an early 90's yzf600, or cbr...any help from the locals would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Place to go Bike Hunting

Hey man the best place to shop in the valley is going to be Apache Honda on 35th ave and Camelback or Champion Honda. Don't go to Y.S.A or Metro they will just rip you off.. I you do go to any other one ask if they are Owned by Metro if they are tell them to take a hike.. Happy shopping and see ya..Live to Ride Sportbikes.....:thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys....actually (before posting my thread)i did follow that link and was hoping that there were more than just those two sportbike shops that anybody knew about...the high-end one is obvioulsy out of the question and apache is about 30miles or so away(quick est.) never heard of champion honda though...i'll look them up...

i bought my first bike at town and country a while ago...i was so blinded by the fact i was getting a bike i failed to see the ass punding i was taking...same thing happened to a friend..i tried to warn him about buying new/virtually new from a dealer...i can't remember the shop he went to...it's tucked back over near superstition mall, ysa sounds familiar...back on a side road kinda behind the harkins and the costco? is that it? he really got ripped off at that place...

·
Registered
51 Posts
YSA is the most recent good dealership to be swallowed up by the evil near-monopoly known as the AZ Motorsports Group. Town & Country, Metro, etc... all owned by the same group of **@^#$ trash. I believe YSA is up north. Not sure which one is out by Superstition Springs.

As for Apache being about 30 miles from your place in Chandler... that's roughly a 45 minute drive or so... or 90 minutes round trip. You're going to be spending THOUSANDS of dollars and buying a bike that you'll likely be putting THOUSANDS of miles on. Don't you think that's worth 60 miles and 1.5 hours of your time? I would say so! Don't let the distance of a dealership from your home make or break your decision. Finding dealerships in the Phoenix area that won't screw you is going to be difficult. When you find one or two good ones, you need to support them with your business by NOT supporting the bad ones. Again, just my opinion.

Let us know when you pick up the new wheels and we can help you scrub in those new tahrs. :D :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
you make a valid point bro...if we fail to support the good, they won't be around...thanks for the tip...i will check them out.

so i suppose that they are cool enough there to entertain any questions i might have? that's good, i don't wanna be shoved out the door from a co. because i aint buying right then and there...i wanna make a wise decision and if someone can't respect that, then they will not get my cash. what have you heard heard about champion honda opossum? r6 racer mentioned them as well as i'm sure you read...based on their location i will probably check them out first, but i will have a run up to apache as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, definately Apache is a good shop. Also for service, North Valley Honda is a good place. Its on Cave Creek Road, south of YSA a couple miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't heard much about Champion, whether good or bad. If I get lots of feedback on their customer service and/or repair service, I'd add them to my list as either a reccomendo or no reccomendo. I'll have to wait and see what the 'overwhelming majority' of Phoenix riders say about those guys. The list I have posted is just a megaphone for what the regular riders in the Phoenix area have to say about the shops. If opinions change or I hear opinions about a place not listed, I'll update it. Feel free to chime in if you have info.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah...it was the other place that was gonna rip you off on the telefonica huh? well, i may be the ass, but at least i learned my lesson, you on the other hand, are an even bigger ass for not taking my advice and letting them rip you off too...assclown! :twofinger

anyways...all i hear outta your mouth anyway is "blah blah blah i'm a dumbshit."

at least you got bikes though...me = suxorz.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my zx7 from Apache and had very good service from them. They were really nice and didn't mind that I came in three times before I actually made my purchase. It was a toss up between them and Cramer Kawasaki. They seemed to be pretty nice also. Bonus at Cramer is that they usually have a bunch of used bikes there if you are interested in that. Top honors go to CycleMoto. If I had the money to buy the Triumph I would have. I was in CycleMoto like 5 times. Each time they were more than willing to just talk to me all day if I wanted. Since I've purchased my 7R I've been in there just to look at the new Ducs and they dont mind if you look. No high pressure bull like the YSA guys.:barf:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
definitely going used...cramer kawi...i'll look into them as well, looks like i'll have a busy wednesday!

just in case i cannot find them (cramer) online...you got a location there for me azrider?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think they are called Dirt and Street Unlimited. The last time I was there the sign still said Cramer's. But they are on 7th st between camelback and Bethany. I'm pretty sure they aren't owned by the YSA jack offs. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
12 Posts
North Valley Honda

Dirt and Street used to be owned by Dennis Parks
I knew he sold it.... But to AZ motorsports group :barf:
Man that sucks........
That surprises me because there was a pause while the new guy's were getting certified to be BMW dealers
AZ Motorsports is owned by a huge car dealership here in town
That should have been a snap for them to be certified by BMW with their capitol
Now YSA is gone too???
Is this almost a monopoly or what?

I'm a very happy customer at North Valley Honda.
It too used to be a Dennis Parks shop
The guys that bought it have done a really good job of keeping my business
They put in a dyno room
Have Mark Ladesma on wrenches
AND THEY RACE:thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cramers/Dirt and Street/International is not owned by Coulter Cadillac aka Arizona Motorsports. It is still independent. (But I have had bad serice experiences there). Opossum may be thinking of Victory BMW in Chandler which is a Motorsports dealership. Champion and AZ Powersports in Scottdale at McDowell and Scottsdale road are both owned by Apache.

Best Honda dealer in town IMHO is North Valley on Cavecreek south of Greenway. No added freight or set up and no BS.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for all your help guys...but i ended up doing this to my current vehicle, and i gotta buy a truck now instead...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright, looks like i'm back on track! i called champion honda the other day...hopefully i can make a stop over there this week...anybody have or know of anybody looking to unload any quality f3's at a fair price??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts