Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, everyone is wondering whats up with the Y2K+1 ZX7R... anyone with ANY info on this PLEASE post it here!!!! There are a BUNCH of us who are dying for this bike and want to know as much as possible!!

my next will either be a 6R or New Design 7R....

HELP US get our info fix!!!!

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i am pumped for the new 7R, i hope we aren't just getting our hopes up. i am not a big fan of the headlight design on the new 6R, 9R, 12R but they have always made the 7R different than the others anywat(ie, 2 headlights) were they brought out the new9's and 12's this year they are due for the 7R update. :D

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up, but my guess is that the 2001 ZX-7R won't be much different than earlier models, as far as looks. They haven't really changed this model like they do to other bikes. They refine it, making it better and better each year, which is one of the reasons why it's such a great bike.

On the brighter side, the Kawi now has to deal with the Gixxer - so, if Kawasaki was thinking about a redesign, now would be the time.

Personally, I think the 7R looks great as is. And, although it could lose a few pounds, this bike sure does hold its own.

------------------
ZeroMan.

Save the frogs. Respect your zeros.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just heard that Kawasaki may be releasing a new FUEL INJECTED ZX-7 for 2001 this year at montreal. I think the date was September 13 (?). OOPS, I think I piddled on myself, Got to go!!!

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenNinja:
Ok, everyone is wondering whats up with the Y2K+1 ZX7R...anyone with ANY info on this PLEASE post it here!!!! There are a BUNCH of us who are dying for this bike and want to know as much as possible!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here it is guys, the inside scoop:

I spoke at length with Mr. Yorinasi of Kawasaki LTD. yesterday. According to Mr. Yorinasi, "the release of the 2001 ZX7RR has been delayed indefinitely due to design complications that were discovered during testing this summer."

According to a reliable source, the ZX7RR was sunk off the Northern Coast of Japan due to a direct hit by a torpedo that was launched from a vessel owned by the Environmental Advocacy Group "Greenpeace."

A Greenpeace spokesperson claims that, "we had no idea it was the new ZX7RR undergoing testing, we thought for certain it was a JAPANESE WHALING SHIP."

So there you have it! Hope this doesn't discourage any of you future owners. I'll be sure to keep you updated with additional information as it comes in. :D

------------------
-Paul
You ride like shit...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that sure fogged up the clear.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

------------------
Fear Green.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts