Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I under stand your reluctance to commit to a podium prediction cos your pretty much nearly always wrong:twofinger

But here's mine ...

Potato head for podium
Stoner not.:D

Go on boys stick yer neck out....just had the new hatchet attachment fitted to the armchair :thumb:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Saturday race

Remind you boys that the race is on Saturday, not Sunday, as is tradition at Assen.

Looks like Stoner is looking good after the first day practice. Yam' boys still struggling with tires... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Well done lads ... and err good on you silva ... I would have missed it !!

Err ... I'll go for Stoner 1, Dedrosa 2, Rossi 3 ....

safe me?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
wsb's were run anti clockwise this year, which i guess is the new layout for Assen, and the changes your refering to. I understand they have modified a few corners as well.

Assen is a mega track, one of your fav's PB?

Thoughts anyone on this?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Legend said:
wsb's were run anti clockwise this year, which i guess is the new layout for Assen, and the changes your refering to. I understand they have modified a few corners as well.

Assen is a mega track, one of your fav's PB?

Thoughts anyone on this?
Yes Ledge, been fortunate enough to have ridden there many times. The medical centre's pretty good too :D

Used to be just a top track. Not sure about the changes ...we'll see.
ANti clock wise:confused: Are you sure.
Best part of the track is the run down into the chiqane...just ask potato head:twofinger

Trick was to know where your brake point was. Tricky after howling thru the previous long left hander which has at least 5 good lines !!! The gravel trap isn't that big cos the clogs like gravel trust me:crying:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
doh! .... sorry lads, thanks for the heads up BP, it was Mizano which was anti clockwise that got changed to clockwise ...

he he ... you were a medical center whore :p (speaking of which, is Boycie ok, not heard from him in a while ?)

If the motor racing gods are smiling, they'll let Edwards take a win ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Edwards could only manage 6th on the grid Ledge, and if you've seen what the mess of it he can make from the front row, he's got no chance!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rossi is 11th and Westy snatched a very decent 7th spot..

Stoner will romp it in ;)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Oh yeah baby !!

It looks like we still have a championship on our hands!!

4th row on the grid, behind 5 seconds, then rides like the Rossi of old to take the win. The biggest difference though is although he caught up easy, it looked damn hard to pass. Stoner is just a legend, no mistakes under all that pressure!!

And .. to top it all off, the Kentucky Kid has got himself and his onda sorted. He rode like a world champion (yup, I've crossed over to the dark side BP, I'm a KFC lover). Did you see him sliding it into turn one ??!!

Rossi looked like he really enjoyed that one.

It looks like the ACG's missed something. The Duck AND the Suzies have been doing very well this season, and while it could be argued that Stoner is legend, and the suzies started developing their 800 last year .... it may also be a case of the Bridgestones stealling a healthy pre season lead ... which may now have been bridged by the Michelins ...

And ... has the Yamaha clawed back to top speed deficit to the Duke now ... ?

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Holy sheeyat, didn't the Duc fly off the line?! The boy was gone!! Well, until Rossi hit his stride. Glad to see it took Rossi a few laps to go past, though he did it with consummate ease in the end. Was it just me or did Stoner not look too happy at the post race interview?

Top ten for West!!! Well done, son! Had a good battle with Hofmann and did us and Kwacka proud!

Shame to see Vermeulen "de Pushed" off the track. Glad the French bastard wasn't able to continue and that Chris was able to get through the kitty litter. He was going backwards before the off-track excursion, but a top ten would've been good.

Hope Rossi continues to make it an exciting season and doesn't let Casey get away too much. Just enough to win the championship would be good. ;)

Early predictions for Kraut Land?

1. Stoner
2. Rossi
3. Edwards
< 10. West

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta hand it to Rossi...can that boy ride. Thats the most out of shape i've seen him on a track and some of his lines were just silly.
Amazin ride to catch and pass Stoner and who'd of thought he'd pull away!!!!

KFC a joy to watch ( thats why i liked him in the first place) :thumb:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
bigphil said:
Gotta hand it to Rossi...can that boy ride. Thats the most out of shape i've seen him on a track and some of his lines were just silly.
Amazin ride to catch and pass Stoner and who'd of thought he'd pull away!!!!...
Judging by the rate at which he caught Stoner, I'm not surprised he pulled away. What did surprise me was how many laps it took him to go past Casey. I think I recall him saying something about how tired he got just catching up. Makes sense. He was a man possessed!

Deserved winner. :thumb:

Yet another 2007 GP without a pole-sitting winner.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Too true cookie, didn't West do well!

On the lowest budget team, with a new to GP rider ... he's battling with encumbants .....

Just like in F1, the disparity between teams is bizzare.

DON'T mention the rugby ....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I won't bet against Rossi again for a while.... 11th on the grid, fairly slow during practice then he comes from over 5 seconds back to dominate the race and post an easy win!!! :eek: :eek: Cost me an arm and half a leg :crying: :crying: :crying: Once he got within a couple of seconds it was all over!!!

The track doesn't offer many passing spots, that's why pizza features took a while to get past, he didn't need to do anything sooner either as he had half a sec or more up his sleeve.

Casey now has a real fight on his hands, Rossi has shown he really wants it ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Down to the wire

Rossi will catch up to Stoner during the summer, but he’ll have problems towards the end of the season. The Duck has the power and Bridgestone seems to have gotten it right this year. Michelin might have got Assen right, so hopefully there is a turnaround now. Even so, to me Rossi’s win looks more like a factor of the short straight (560m) and the flowing nature of the track. It favors Rossi’s as the superior rider. Any track with stop and go corners and/or kilometer long straights will favor the Ducati and Stoner considerably. So if you look at the coming racetracks, I would think that Rossi will catch up with Stoner until we reach the Portugese or Malaysian GP. Then Stoner will be able to stretch his legs again.

Longest straights:
Germany (780m), USA(966m), Czech (636m), San Marino(565m), Portugal(986m), Japan(762m), Phillip Island(900m), Sepang(920m), Valencia(876m).

3 of the last 4 races have been affected by rain, and we know that Bridgestone is the rain tire to beat.
So, hopefully we will get a good 2nd half of the season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts