1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
On the news yesterday

The burnt area as of 7:30pm last night was the equivalent of area from Baseline up to Bell Rd, 87th Ave to Scottsdale Rd. That's a huge portion of Metro Phoenix! :crying:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Moonscape

Have you seen the aftermath left behind the fire, looks like a picture of ther moon. Is it just me- or is that forest service guy that the media is all over beginning to get a little bit crabby. I bet he is tired of being asked the same questions, and not having answers to all of them. I wish that I could be in Showlow to see this fire come through, what a site that would be. You could sell your pictures to Arizona Highways for cash$$.:p

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Does make one sick when they think about it or see it.
People loosing their homes, & a maze of itmes in them are really suffering.
Have never worked around people in such a situation, but have when most parts of some cities were flooding, including my own home.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Know the feeling. Florida burns on a regular basis also. A year or two ago a big burn came within a mile of my house. The interstate was closed because the fencing had burned and cattle were roaming the freeway!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Here in Georgia we don't see too many fires, just tornadoes, not quite the same but interesting anyway. It is hotter than hades lately, but for this time of year consistant heat is nice. If the temperature plummets rapidly start looking to take cover because a tornado could be on the way and at night you can't see the wretched things before they hit. Be careful in Arizona we don't want to lose anybody to some nasty, wretched fire.

·
Registered
482 Posts
They compare the size of the burned area as the size of 17 Manhattan's. The borough in NYC, not the drink.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would guess the trees are gone.

This area is not the normal riding destination. It's quite far. But we did do a 3 days/2 nights camping/riding in the vicinity. At least within 20 miles of Show Low (I think)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Brings me into thinking about a fire in the hills east of Penticton ----

----some yrs ago. It was a doozer & some houses went. One chap was fortunate & smart enough to have his own cat at home so he tore all around his house, downing pine trees & such. All he lost was part of a garage.
Still as people rebuilt the Govt gave them pine trees (suggesting they not plant them close to their homes) only they did just that in planting the pine trees right next to their homes ----- like how stupid can people be?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts