Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there Maxim lovers? I just the newest issue in the mail, and aside from it being the Swimsuit issue:drool: :drool: I found an article in there about street racing in there on bikes. Kinda like a Biker Boyz style article, but I wasn't too impressed with it. Now am I being hypocritical, since I like to ride fast on the street too, that an article like this could give us bad reps? Lemme know what you all think on this.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I get Maxim, but am two months behind in reading. So, ask me again in March :rolleyes:

We don't get good media. Its like a PAC giving only neutral, factual advice to legislators; it just doesn't happen.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for putting that link up for me ther spicersh! I coulda done that...but I didn't think of it...Not too intellignet today.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
thompsonian said:
Hey thanks for putting that link up for me ther spicersh! I coulda done that...but I didn't think of it...Not too intellignet today.
Well, like I said, it's only part of the article. It's pretty plain to see where it heads though, so reading the rest of it is probably not needed.

It's Friday man, I've been having dumb-ass attacks all day.....and I'm okay with that. :thumb: :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
We already have a bad rep. F**K IT

·
Registered
76 Posts
I heard about the article on another board and bought the magazine at the newstand. As expected, the article was dumb since the magazine caters to the average male, not a motorcyclist. It's a good thing it's also the swimsuit issue to make my $5 worth it.

Also, I don't think the article will make the motorcyclist's image any worse seeing the magazine is Maxim, not Time or Newsweek. :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
?????

thompsonian said:
Anyone out there Maxim lovers? I just the newest issue in the mail, and aside from it being the Swimsuit issue:drool: :drool: .....
Aren't they all swimsuit issues???? :laughing: :eyebrows:

Looks like the same press we always get....

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I am with Tippmann & others that look upon this pile of crap as being BAD for us that ride m/cs & especially sportbikes.

Anyone that thinks this is great stuff then they need their heads examined with a dull axe.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maxim article on Sportbikes

I read some of the article and yes, it was pretty stupid. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just one comment: consider the source. :tp:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
fuster said:
Just one comment: consider the source. :tp:
Eh, I usually find the mag entertaining, though I haven't been subscribed long. However, I'm so displeased with the article I won't be renewing.

I was most amused by the sheer incompetence of the central interviewee. First, he said, "It's [street racing] like a roller coaster, but faster. And you're in control." (Yeah, right.) Then, later he says, "I've been down like, 10, 12 times. You play Russian roulette once you put the key in the ignition..." Uh, aren't those opposite statements? He's got a daughter, which made me sad since Darwin clearly didn't step in soon enough. But he'll arrive eventually.

Yeah, the story was trash, but I had to finish it. Dan, you out in the Bronxx racin' wit da boyz? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Baffled as to why people would subscribe to a mag or buy one that leans in that direction.

I have subscribed for many yrs to Soldier of Fortune, American Handgunner, & several other m/c mags.

Far better reading those then something like a swimsuit issue.

Just goes to show what happens when it comes to an age difference. Like well before I was a teen my Father destroyed the few comic books I had & started buying & supplying me with mags like Mechanics Illustrated, Modern Science, to even some mags on sports.

·
Registered
860 Posts
im late on this one but i really wanted to show how much of some homo's these people must be....yes i am cool b/c i redline doing 190 wtf? i like the parts about b-ball jerseys

darwinism at its finest

1 - 16 of 16 Posts