Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what the majority of street riders are using in reguards to body armor under jacket and pants. I always been using an armored jacket w/armor in velcro pockets(shoulder and elbow), but that's it. I've been riding for decades, but since i'm into semi aggresive sport touring, felt need to armor knees. Research led me to hip,tailbone, back and chest armor. I purchased the Forcefield tube knee protectors, and are comfortable. I favor the shorts - to the one piece armored undergarment from Forcefield. I could replace the back foam of my jackets w/ sa. Forcefield back pad, or the Knox Contour w/ chest guard. I've seen the price of these garments from $100-$250+. The shorts w/ removeable armor sa Bohn, or forcefields, usually require 1 size larger pants, and some had leg foam push knee guards down from knee when standing or walking. There's also the question of comfort in summer heat. There's much to look at and choose from. In pants. i've considered carhartts or NON baggey textile type pants over of in place of jeans. How much is too much? Any input appreciated.

Howie...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Never to much. I have ordered perfed leather pants for the upcoming riding season. I decided if people poked fun it is better than rash. I dont trust the kevlar jeans or alot of the textile stuff from the post i have read.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts