Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody ever get insane arm pain when out riding? I got a sharp pain in my hand then it instantly went numb, what the hell? Days later and my elbow and wrist are sore as shit... Is this normal and is there a quick fix?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Butt cramps, leg cramps, elbow cramps. You name it. Face it, riding a bike (especially a Sportbike) can be pretty uncomfortable sometimes. The "death grip" is 90% of your problem when it comes to your description. There are times on long rides when I feel like my arms aren't even there. Not numb, just not there! I just use my body to steer and go with it. I actually think it's kinda cool!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You're really on your soapbox today aren't you?
Hehe, I just opened this thread straight after reading the other thread. Guess I was still a little rattled.

My apologies to you, RydeAddict. Aside from the death grip mentioned above, you need to learn to use your arms only for steering inputs. You should be gripping the tank with your legs, using your lower back and stomach muscles to hold you up.

So, what bike are you riding??? ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
do the chicken dance wiht your elbows while riding. you should only be using your stomach muscles and thighs and jeg muscles when riding. no weight or pressure on the bars. only slight imputs from them, or your fighting what the bike naturally wants to do. as taught from the instructors at the track, as well as luckystrike and yamagirl.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I'm just trying to give everyone an accurate portrayal of myself... I enjoy burning bridges whenever possible. :twofinger
SO what's the point in all the change, if you tell us what's going on? Make it a challenge at least.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SO what's the point in all the change, if you tell us what's going on? Make it a challenge at least.
lol... Excellent point, perhaps I should have thought this thru more. Though it would have been funny to tell cookee I had a superbike and watch him freak out Aussie style... :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
lol... Excellent point, perhaps I should have thought this thru more. Though it would have been funny to tell cookee I had a superbike and watch him freak out Aussie style... :cool:
Personally, that's what I was hoping for. That's why I "played along" instead of bitch-slapping his oblivious ass.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally, that's what I was hoping for. That's why I "played along" instead of bitch-slapping his oblivious ass.
LOL! That's awesome :D Wanna go edit the posts and f- with him? J/K

Probably better not to poke the bear though... Don't want to see him pop a vein or anything.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
I think if this n00b preston turns out to be more than a troll, cookee might have plenty of entertainment on the way

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...You should be gripping the tank with your legs...
Yeah, about that... I JUST learned that on Saturday during my course. :loser: But I'm worried about messing up the paint on my bike from my knees rubbing on it all the time. Is that just the way it has to be?

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Yeah, about that... I JUST learned that on Saturday during my course. :loser: But I'm worried about messing up the paint on my bike from my knees rubbing on it all the time. Is that just the way it has to be?
Stomp Grips should solve that. If they don't make them for your bike, they probably have ones that can be trimmed.

The paint on my gixxer's tanks is a little worn from where my knees rub the most, but I consider it a character mark.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
HR, RA, EIEIO - Just keep your bike clean and well-polished. Keeping it clean will ensure that you're not rubbing dirt into the paint. The polish will further protect your paint. Don't stress about your paint too much. The paint on my bike costs US$1400/L. Three static drops later, I couldn't give a rat's a**e about it. It's just paint. Stone chips, scratches, etc, show that you ride your bike. :thumbs2:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
3 Static drops? When are you going to learn to put the kickstand down?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
HR, RA, EIEIO - Just keep your bike clean and well-polished. Keeping it clean will ensure that you're not rubbing dirt into the paint. The polish will further protect your paint. Don't stress about your paint too much. The paint on my bike costs US$1400/L. Three static drops later, I couldn't give a rat's a**e about it. It's just paint. Stone chips, scratches, etc, show that you ride your bike. :thumbs2:
+1. When I sold my 12 with more than 75k miles, the tank looked virtually new. Just don't wear your WWF championship belt buckle when you ride. Ideally, you're wearing your gear, which won't damage your paint.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts